• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Holy fucking shit

Legate Lanius

Will spend less time online, afk 4 a few months
My quality of life just tanked due to getting a job. Not sure if I even got it since they didn't send me the contract. It's a temp job but it's high-stress and you get fired for being a second late, etc. Barely slept last night and now I can't relax at all and I keep just running work details in my head over and over. Maybe unemployment is the best way to live for me.

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
Hey, man!!! :) It's just a job - ("a gig!") . . . so-to-speak; it's not life or death!! ; )
So, just approach it as an effort, as I said before, to get your self "ready," to be able to work again (or for the first time - even if it's in a long time, or ever; as in ... in histroy!). its all the same: or can be (in terms of how it feels~).
And since this is a temp job, even moreso; it is not like you're planning on doing this as a career, or being there for the next 5-10 years of your life.
So, no need to stress quite so much! : )
What will be, will be! . . . Whether you're the greatest employee they've ever had--or the worst! Your worrying about it won't matter much or have an impact, practically speaking, outside of a sort of "self-fulfilling prophecy," should you in turn self-destruct (e. g. not show up, do a poor job due to insomnia, etc.)
So, just let it be - & let the chips fall where they may! ;)
Do the best you can. Learn from it, and then go from there (as in... " onto the next gig!")
No matter what you get out of this, it will be "experience," for the next.
Meaning making that next on e easier than this, in the absence of (or without this temp thing you've got going on now).
:)

Legate Lanius

Hey, man!!! :) It's just a job - ("a gig!") . . . so-to-speak; it's not life or death!! ; )
So, just approach it as an effort, as I said before, to get your self "ready," to be able to work again (or for the first time - even if it's in a long time, or ever; as in ... in histroy!). its all the same: or can be (in terms of how it feels~).
And since this is a temp job, even moreso; it is not like you're planning on doing this as a career, or being there for the next 5-10 years of your life.
So, no need to stress quite so much! : )
What will be, will be! . . . Whether you're the greatest employee they've ever had--or the worst! Your worrying about it won't matter much or have an impact, practically speaking, outside of a sort of "self-fulfilling prophecy," should you in turn self-destruct (e. g. not show up, do a poor job due to insomnia, etc.)
So, just let it be - & let the chips fall where they may! ;)
Do the best you can. Learn from it, and then go from there (as in... " onto the next gig!")
No matter what you get out of this, it will be "experience," for the next.
Meaning making that next on e easier than this, in the absence of (or without this temp thing you've got going on now).
:)
Yeah, really not stoked about going to work without having signed a contract beforehand, tho. Working without any guarantee of even getting paid...

MisterBGone

o O Oo oO oOo O ooo..!;)~
SF Supporter
Yeah, really not stoked about going to work without having signed a contract beforehand, tho. Working without any guarantee of even getting paid...
Might be a risk worth taking, in the given situation. Though you'd probably know better about that, than me. I'd say just do your best to try and get that process to work itself through, with some sort or kind of guarantee (even if it's only a handshake, as opposed to in writing) . . . I think that, communication will be the key here - as well as, being upfront about everything as best you can. But in the end, just control what you can!

Legate Lanius

Might be a risk worth taking, in the given situation. Though you'd probably know better about that, than me. I'd say just do your best to try and get that process to work itself through, with some sort or kind of guarantee (even if it's only a handshake, as opposed to in writing) . . . I think that, communication will be the key here - as well as, being upfront about everything as best you can. But in the end, just control what you can!
thx

Lux

you should see me in a crown
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I got my contract on my first day, theyd set time aside for me to sign it (and a bunch of other stuff) before working. You're probably in for a bit of a boring day hahah.

You can do this tho. Worst case, it sucks, you hate it and you quit but it's only 2 months. Or even a day if that's bad. You got this mate.

Legate Lanius

I got my contract on my first day, theyd set time aside for me to sign it (and a bunch of other stuff) before working. You're probably in for a bit of a boring day hahah.

You can do this tho. Worst case, it sucks, you hate it and you quit but it's only 2 months. Or even a day if that's bad. You got this mate.
No, they hire me to another company. That company expects me to work but I am working for free without the contract with the temp agency, they are not responding to calls.

Legate Lanius

It's a temp agency, there will be no slow start, either.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Be strong. Find your strength. It's there. Others can show you how you're expected to perform, but only you can perform to the extent that not only do their jaws drop, but yours does too. You're so much stronger than you know, and so much stronger than anyone around you knows is even possible.

Legate Lanius

Be strong. Find your strength. It's there. Others can show you how you're expected to perform, but only you can perform to the extent that not only do their jaws drop, but yours does too. You're so much stronger than you know, and so much stronger than anyone around you knows is even possible.
Bruh, this isn't Hollywood.

Lane

SF Supporter
My quality of life just tanked due to getting a job. Not sure if I even got it since they didn't send me the contract. It's a temp job but it's high-stress and you get fired for being a second late, etc. Barely slept last night and now I can't relax at all and I keep just running work details in my head over and over. Maybe unemployment is the best way to live for me.
Oh wow, I know you were looking. Give it a try @Legate Lanius.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$305.00
Goal
$255.00