home alone .. for a week.. great :(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by mandyj101, Jul 24, 2009.

1. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

im used 2 being alone .. but coz i shut myself away i class having some1 in the house as me still being alone - my brother.. anyhows hes going 4 a week .. as from 2night im by me self .. i kinda like knowing some1 is in the house 'just in case' if u know what i mean .. but he wont be .. for 7 days..
    last time he went was 4 jus for 2 days and i got myself in such a mess.. i dont want that 2 happen again .. but i fear it might ..
    last few days iv been in a 'hyper' state .. i dun wana come crashing down with a huge low when hes gone.. was only last week i od'd quite badly .. was about 10 pills from ending it .. *sigh* i duno what my point of posting this is :unsure:

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Hi Mandy,
    I think I know what you mean, usually it's only my Mum and Brother in the house but they both work so much there are times when I'm alone for days at a time and I freak out a little.
    Times like that it's good to spend more time online or spend as much time as possible outdoors, just wondering around the shops or go for long walks with your ipod etc. Maybe if you're particularly worried you could get an SF friend to text/call to check in or spend some time on msn. It might help, I'd be happy to keep you 'company' if you're worried about being alone while he's gone.
    Look after yourself hun!

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

hey. Is there anyone you can call to come over, or any other family that can be with you. Come here a lot and spend time with us as well.
    Besides that if it gets bad enough, go to a hospital. It sounds like it's a really scary time to be alone right now, if you can't do it, that's ok.
    :hug:

4. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I understand how you feel. I live with my fiance & even though I don't exactly talk to him much these days, I still feel safer if he is in the house.

If he's ever away there are always too many thoughts of 'what if'. I don't feel safe if I'm alone.

The only thing I can suggest is for you to keep busy, try & get out the house, meet a friend for lunch or if you can't get out distract yourself with things in the house, have a clear out or browse the internet - you can waste hours between here & youtube.

:hug:

5. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I'm pretty frightened of being alone too - I'm very lonely, and usually my feelings just escalate and I wind up hurting myself if there's not someone to talk to.

In the recent past I've been having a lot of trouble with it. I live alone, have few friends, and just took a leave of absence from work due to my condition, so I'm more alone than ever before and I've been terrified.

Could you keep in touch with your brother while he's gone? I don't know your relationship with him. What about anyone else you could call?

In the case where there's no one to reach out to, I try to keep myself distracted with things that I enjoy doing. Even if I'm not enjoying it in the moment, I try to push myself to enjoy myself. Coloring, walking, and watching movies all help me. How bout watching some comedies or going on youtube and watching some comedians? It sounds silly but it might help a little. Or, look for some meditation/yoga videos online and try to use that to calm yourself. Writing out my feelings in a diary also helps me, because once they're out of me I don't have to worry quite as much. All of these things might help a teeny little bit - the trick is to do them before you're too worked up and upset.

Meanwhile, come on sf and talk to us! Maybe you won't feel quite as alone - a lot of us are alone too, and this community can be really comforting.

Hope you're doing alright :hugtackles:

6. yursomedicated

yursomedicated Chat & Forum Buddy

Mandy,
    Being home alone can make you feel vulnerable. Just take those extra precautions to know that you are safe.

And with everyone else I would agree, come on SF and talk to us. I'm sure we'd all love to help you!

Ronnie

7. mandyj101

thanks every1 for all the suggestions ..

i did reply yesterday but my posts gone - must have been the server change..

im doing ok so far .. trying 2 keep busy .. have been experimenting in th kitchen quite alot .. havent burnt th house down yet which is good :unsure: lol

thx again makes me feel better knowing u guys r here :hug:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2009
  8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I'm here anytime you need company, I know it's not the same as in person, but if you're feeling lonely or like you're going to do something bad... feel free to PM me. :hug:

9. mandyj101

thx mel .. it means alot :hug: