Home chocolate

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Sammakko..., Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Anyone made it from cocoa? Recipes?

2. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

...cacao...

3. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

hmm my mom makes it with just plain cacao, sugar and hot milk. Put the sugar and cacao in a cup, some hot milk, uhm stur (is that the word, well just use a spoon to mix it up) so you will get a thick substance and than add the rest of the milk

4. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

found a recipe for you for hot chocolate from http://thethinkingmother.blogspot.com/2008/01/about-cacao-and-my-homemade-cocoa.html

i cut-and-pasted the recipe section and notes below

let me know if this is what you're looking for

Hot Cocoa Recipe using Cacao Powder

So I buy cacao powder and use that. I mainly make a hot chocolate, a cocoa, with it. The recipe is simple. You use the milk of your choice. You heat it up. You add one part sugar or a healthier sweetner alternative to one part cacao powder. The amount will vary. Start with 2 teaspoons cacao and 2 teaspoons sugar to 8 ounces of milk. Then taste it and alter as you see fit. I have found that over time I have acquired a taste for it with more cacao and less sugar.

This will be the best cocoa you’ve ever tasted. Trust me.

Note: I usually only have 1% milk in the house. I have tried this with 2% and even with whole milk (4%). The more fat is in the milk, the better this is, believe me. The cocoa made with whole milk is simply the best!

Downside: The only complaint and issue with using the straight cacao powder is that since no manmade agents have been added to make the cacao suspend itself through the milk and stay there, it tends to settle over time. If you are not going to drink this quickly, keep your spoon and give it a stir if you need to. It also might clump a little and leave little balls of powder on the surface. Just stir this a bit more than usual and enjoy. The taste and quality of this drink is worth the little extra stirring.

5. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

I have got cocoa butter and cocoa what ever thing and sugar and milk and peanuts and no idea how much I should put each of them to get chocolate

6. Wastingecho

7. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Yes the candy chocolate
    Thnaks

8. Wastingecho

i edited my last post with the link to a chocolate recipe - not sure if i did you before or after your last post but you will find it there - good luck

9. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

OK, I did not see you edited it.

Thanks for the link Wastingecho!

10. Wastingecho

let me know how it turns out

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Oooh, that sounds good! I might try it too.

12. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Somehow I made it taste like a booze.... I make exellent pizza but baking and stuff is not for me...

13. Wastingecho

well finding the right flavor for your taste when making chocolate is a matter of trial and error

14. WildCherry

Oooh! Pizza is one of my favorites too. How do you make yours?

LOL, you made it taste like alcohol? That could have been interesting. Hopefully you didn't get drunk from it.

15. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Oooh! Pizza is one of my favorites too. How do you make yours?[/QUOTE] Shortly if you like Italian pizza you are going to hate my pizza =)

Yep... I do not much like alcohol... I taste it maybe 4 times when I was 18-20 and not after that..
    Actually WildCherry I have been badly sick because of chocolate overduse, I wrote it also somewhere in the main forums... No visions yet...

16. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Maybe I try it again some day...

17. WildCherry

Alcohol does taste pretty nasty. The worst (or at least in my opinion) is beer.

18. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Which remind me... No, yellow snow here is not snow with beer, it is snow with pee...

Do you want to know how my gm describe taste of beer? She said it is like a urine of bull!

19. WildCherry

Haha, I agree. Yellow snow is the same here. LOL.

Haha! Your GM's description of beer made me laugh!

20. Wastingecho

"Watch out where the huskies go.
    Don't you eat that yellow snow"

- Frank Zappa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.