home made scar removal

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by justmeonlyme, May 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

so ummm i was just wondering does anyone no of anything that removes or at least helps fade scars i have my school formal in just over 2 months and i really dont want to have to wear long sleeves under my dress i dont want my scars to effect what i do im sick of it... a lot of my scars have started to fade which is good but they are still obvious the scars i have well the ones i want gone are not raised they are just discoloured... but i really just dont want these scars to control me ive decided im going to do everything i can not to cut my arms any more or at least till after the formal but i really just need these scars gone i hate them... im sick of hiding and one girl at school has already started to get suspicious of me always wearing long sleeves i really just need to find something to get rid of them but i cant afford to buy any proper scar removal stuff so any ideas would be gladly appreciated thanks :)

2. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I've had some (albeit little) luck using makeup/foundation on my arms to cover scars. It's pretty good at fading the color, although it does little for my scars that are raised (but yay for you not having raised scars!!) It doesn't completely cover my scars, but it at least dulls them to the point where I don't think anyone would notice unless they were specifically looking at my arms.

Also, school formals tend to be dark inside, yes? That'll definitely help you.

How far up do your scars go? Bulky bracelets can be stylish and can def cover a lot of arm space.

good luck

3. justmeonlyme

im not very good when it comes to make up im not sure i could get it to work very well i dont even think i own foundation lol... they go prity much all the way up my arm

4. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I've heard that toothpaste works well (idk, haven't tried it myself) if you let it stay on your scars for a while...but I don't know how you would feel about making your arms smell minty fresh, lol.

Hope it helps...

5. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i thought youd be able to get away with it better because its winter now?? umm to be honest the best solution is time. failing that, try using aloe vera? break it open on your skin? its as sticky as all hell but it does work, i've found. or failing that... stuff like cocoa butter (d'you guys have palmers cocoa butter in new zealand? i love that stuff too!!) works well also, and it doesnt look suss if you go to buy it because its a normal thing to buy.

i know you said that you dont like the sleeves option BUT if you have to you could buy a pair of tights in some colour that you like, and cut a hole in the crotch (not too big cause it'll stretch) and cut off the feet, and then you can put it over your head and you get cool looking sleeves that'd still probably look okay under a dress, kinda like http://img2.allposters.com/images/PYREU/PP30818.jpg . i've found it good for summer, under t shirts.

hope you figure something out.

TDM

6. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

Try buying bio-oil, it took a couple months for it to really show anything significant for me, but it did fade my unraised scars.

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

bio-oil is great; but it takes time to make scars fade away.
    Vitamin e does the same trick.

If your scars are pretty big and you wanted to cover them entirely; you could probably use a thin layer of eyebrow wax over the scar and then pat some coverup overtop to make it match your skin colour.

If you need tips as to where to get eyebrow wax specifically; or how to use it, you can check out videos like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba-qr_U1OXk for the covering part. There will always be a bit of a rise in the skin, but it should be pretty much completely unnoticeable.

I used the eyebrow wax trick on my arms to give myself big risen veins one year at highschool for a monologue production about drugs - it worked really well.
    The wax itself is about 18 bucks
    The stick coverup is like, 8

8. justmeonlyme

thanks guys :D yea like i said i dont have money so bio oil is out of the qestion and tdm the tights thing idk not really my thing but yea i might try some of your 1st sugestions. btw it is winter so no i dont have to worry its just for the formal im not bothered about the long sleves otherwise its just for the formal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.