home remedies.

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Worthless, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Worthless

Worthless Well-Known Member

Currently have the flu and want to know if anyone has some effective home remedies to speed up my recovery lol.

Also not sure if this is in the right section.
  2. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

Green tea with fresh lemon and lots of rest =]

take care :hug:
  3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Lost world is spot on, plus maybe some honey, do not eat foods that your body has to work to breakdown, let your bodies energy be used to heal you instead.
    By this i mean meat and fewer dairy priducts, eat fresh fruit and vegetables, pulses and legumes etc. Hearty soups are great too.
    Hope you feel better soon!
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Plenty of fluids and rest (watch crap tv)
  5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Yuck! Poor you! I hope you are well again soon!

Tons of fluids, bed rest and sleep, something for aches, pains, fever. If your temperature goes really high and stays really high for more than a couple of days, go to the doctor/ER. Same if your chest gets really congested or the cough is really nasty (with icky green stuff) - doc/ER.

If you're well enough, TV, movies, easy reading. Oh, and anything cold always seems welcome if you feel feverish, and if you have chills, hot tea or chicken noodle soup. And other easy things to eat - pudding, jello, ice cream, ginger ale.

:hug: Get well!
  6. Worthless

Worthless Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. :mhmm:
    Flus gotten alot worse today :(
    Ive been sticking to drinking lots of water and things that are easy to digest.
    Its not dying down yet though.

Hope im better before the weekend.:dead:
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Wow. Flu sucks. No cure.

Best way to get better faster is to just let the virus run its course until your body can fight it down. To help facilitate the process though, you can drink at least four cups of green tea with lemon and honey per day in addition to lots of plain water and fruits high in vitamins, eat foods with garlic, as little sugars as possible, stay in bed and sleep when you get tired. It's not recommended that you be allowed to work or go to classes while you're contagious anyway.