Home treatment team

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozbound, Feb 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Not sure if I have posted this in the right place? But has anyone else had a bad experience with the HTT I found it bad enough that they wanted to come to my house every day. I know they were doing it for my own sake as I was/am in a bad place at the moment but still found it an invasion of my personal space but one of them and i ended up seeing her a lot would say "look me in the eye when you talk to me" which I don't always do I find it difficult to keep looking people in the eye when I'm talking. And kept trying to lay a guilt trip on me over what I was/am going to do and pushing her religous views on me even after I told her I was an Atheist. I found myself dreading them coming and feeling worse after they left. They have discharged me back to my own doctor now but only because I lied to them to get rid of them.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

No she should not demand anything from you let alone making you uncomfortable by telling you to look her in the eyes. sounds like she is a control freak NO one should be pushing their religous ideas on you either. Can you get someone different to come in and talk to you explain to their boss what happened and see if you can find someone more compatable more understanding
  3. privatename

privatename Well-Known Member

Wow that's awful. No one should push their religious agenda on you. I think I would have reported that person. That's not their place to say or do such things. Is there any way you can find someone else to work with you?
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Can you get your doctor to refer you to a good therapist?? I have found mine to be very helpfull..At least tell your doctor what happened with the treatment team.. Let him know it didn't help that it only made things worst..
  5. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I have spoken to my Doctor who is going to speak to them about her as I know he wants them to be involved still. Well atleast until my therapy starts but they say 10-12 weeks waiting list.

Thanks for your replies just wanted to make sure I wasn't over reacting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.