Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by ScouseJM, Apr 14, 2008.

1. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

In my little fantasy world, somewhere in a distant hopeful part of my mind, I believe that family should have a meaning. That when theres nowhere else to go and the whole world fails you, your family should be the people and place you can come home too. That parents, no matter what, stick up for you and are on your side, no matter what. That they always have your back. That they listen to you and are there for you, that they support your dreams and that you can trust them. Its not a perfect world in my fantasy, Im not stupid, not unrealistic, everyone makes mistakes, parents, children, its certainly never easy. But still in my fantasy world parents dont walk around saying what a disappointment of a daughter you are just because you dont tell them anything about your life anymore after they have repeatedly proven they cant be trusted. Just because after 18 and a half years of not having a life and doing everything for them you decide its time to look after yourself a bit. In my fantasy world I have what I have seen can really be true in the real world too. That family still means something. Just not in my reality.
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Scouse I hope that when you have children you are able to make your fantasy world a reality. My family was never and still is never there for me. They do the same things to me now at 44 when I was 13. But I vowed that I would never be those parents. And you know what? Your fantasy world is a reality for my kids! So it is possible hun, if you want it you can give it to your kids when the time arises!!! And you have taken the first step!!! You are looking out for you, putting you first! I'm so proud of you! Hold on to your dreams they are your world!!
  3. ScouseJM

ScouseJM Well-Known Member

well i did my best during the time with my own family until i lost them :dry:

thanks carla x :hug: