Homeless man wearing the hat

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by Cortez, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

I see you standing outside, every week, every month, every season,

You are always wearing a hat.

You used to ask me for change every time. But since I never did, you stopped. The truth is I literally didn't have any change on me, only cash for gas.

You were always there, when I loved, when I hated, when I was scared, you were there. I would always wonder what would be new with me the next week I saw you, you remind me.

In the beautiful fall you were there, in the winter you wore a red wool hat,

I remember seeing you years before, but it was only in the fall that I really noticed you and things mattered,

You have a very innocent but dazed look,

When I saw you today I felt like telling you what happened, even though we never spoke,

If nobody cares, I care

Things have changed, but certain feelings and memories won't,

We will probably never speak, but it's how I feel that counts

If you only knew and I could tell you,

I’d update you every week

But all of this doesn’t matter

Because it is all in my head

All that’s real is there is a lone homeless man

That stands outside the building

Who knows nothing about me nor I of him

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Wow, I personally would sit with him and chat. The stories you could both exchange! I would not go anywhere private with him, but stay in the open crowded area. I would even start packing him light meals so that I knew he would have something to eat. I would update him on everything because just like the rest of us, he is lost, and feels ignored. Perhaps he feels the same way as you do, and would like to share his story to know that he matters to someone. You never know what an act of kindness does for those who are shown the coldness and mloncholy of the world. It is just what I would do. Blessings.. :hug: I like this poem by the way :)
  3. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Wonderful poem. I think you should show it to him, I'm sure he'd love it. :)
  4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

Very observant and meditative.

5. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Thanks everyone :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.