Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Robert J Moore, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Robert J Moore

Robert J Moore New Member

Depressed most of my life. Been on treatment for 40 years (since I was 15). I am twice widowed and now in a problematic marriage. Raped when I was 30. On 5 medications for depression and anxiety and many others for all of me physical illnesses. Hospitalized 3 times in 5 years for 7 weeks. Received no benefit from 36 ECT treatments. On disability. Which brings me to now. I've been suicidal for 5 years. I suffer from MDD, GAD, and Social Anxiety. I've not been more depressed than now.
  2. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Hi, @Robert J Moore! I must say you've endured a very difficult life so far. But this also shows you have an extraordinary inner strength and resilience. I really really ADMIRE YOU.
    There are great people in SF. I've got Asperger's and social anxiety but I feel so good and at ease here that I can open up and feel free to be how I actually am.
    So, welcome to out family!!!
    may71 likes this.
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that you have suffered and are suffering so much.

There may be some other treatment options that could help. I could say more about that if you are interested.

Do you feel like saying more about that?

I don't always have the right words to say to someone, but I hope somehow things can get better
    Alwayswrong likes this.
  4. Here2Listen

Here2Listen Member

Hi Robert,
    I am so sorry for what you have been through. You have endured a lot. It seems that you have received a good amount of medical help. Maybe its time to try something else. I don’t know your state of beliefs but I have mentioned here before that I know a lot of people who were helped by a strong faith. Many of them are still in physical pain but realizing that they have value just by who they are and not based on what they can contribute to society allowed them to see every day as a blessing. A lot of people in our society today ridicule faith but it does give people something inside that helps them in their daily trials, a kind of uplifting spirit. If you decide to try this, talk to a pastor even briefly and ask why it helps some people. Thanks.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there, I a sorry the treatments did not work for you and that you are still struggling.

Who is your most trusted person? Could you talk to him/her?

So sorry you have been hurting for many, many years. That's awful to even imagine. I feel for you.
  6. brightlight

brightlight SF Supporter

Hi Robert and welcome
    Love and Light
  7. Sunday16

Sunday16 Well-Known Member

Hi Robert, welcome to SF. It takes courage to open and share our troubles. Thank you for being here. I hope you can find some comfort and hope here. {{{hugs}}}
  8. walkerbait95

walkerbait95 SF Social Media Forum Pro SF Supporter

whew, that's a lot to have gone through thus far, Robert. I feel for you, man. I hope you find something great here, at least people who can understand how you feel and what you're going through. Sometimes people to lean on are a good thing, you know? We're the best free shrinks on the internet. Just kidding. This is a pretty great place though. I hope you stick around and find what you're looking for here. Take care and be safe. See you around.