Homesick

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by starlight2006, Apr 25, 2007.

1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

Hmm, well I dont want to scream, jus write but didnt know where else to stick this post :unsure: . Im feeling quite good i think, tho seem to be really emotional at the mo.

On sunday it was my 21st. And over the weekend i saw all my family (My parents dont live together). For those of you i have talked to, you will know that i went through a really rough time with my dad a few months ago - to do with my parents divorce and other stuff. It really messed me up alot and i got counselling for it (among other stuff).

On my birthday, i spent it with my dad. We went out for a meal and then on a pub crawl (tho stayed in one pub drinking loads!) It was really good. My dad had got me all my presents himself (which is unusual!) But one thing he gave me was something he had made. And everytime i think of it it brings tears to my eyes. He gave me a CD he had made - with jus one song on it - in a case that had photos of me and him and me and my brothers on that he had managed to print out himself. And the song is really sweet too, all about how a father loves his daughter.

On monday i had to come back to uni - 3 hours from home. And now i am soooo homesick. I got my dad back and had to leave. And im missing my mum too. Plus i had an exam today so had to spend the past few days revising. I feel like im in limbo land.

Hmm, there is other stuff i wanted to write about but cant really be bothered! And it would make this post alot longer, so gona leave it there. Im not down, im doing really well. Jus feel strange...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2007
  2. this is the right place to post it i think :)

its good your not feeling down with all that going on, im so glad your doing well sweetie. if you feel like you need to get everything out, just type on here- it sometimes can really really help to just get everything out of your head into words ( or type.. ) :)

3. Robin

Robin Guest

I'm so glad the relationship with your father has been repaired, I think what he did was incredibly sweet and just shows you a fathers love for his daughter. I can perfectly understand how homesick you feel and being 3 hours away from your loved ones can be even harder I know, just wanted you to know that you have been heard and that I am sending you :hug: for when you find yourself alone and homesick at uni :)