Homophobia, gay and transgender bashing on the rise in the UK

eagles_fan

Homophobia exacts a chilling price as hate crimes climb

Gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people: be wary of bullying homophobes in the United Kingdom. People will hate for not a reason worth believing in. Homophobia makes me feel bad as a person. However, I believe in the LGBT cause!!

Sexual minorities are more open about their lives than before - resulting in increasing tension from homophobes. THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT. It's the fault of a stunted society that believes only a certain type of love and sexuality is allowed. Do not fear them, do not listen to them. If you're LGBT, do not stop showing it or even try to stop "being gay" just because someone's harassing you for it.

BE YOURSELF AND LOVE YOURSELF. DO NOT LET THESE PEOPLE STOP YOU FROM THAT.

Realize your potential as a human being, people!

I think it's not fair to say that Britain is a stunted society,violence towards the gay community or anybody that's different is down to a minority of brainless individuals. There are gay couples in all our soap operas,Graham norton has probably the best job on the BBC with his great chat show,I thought we had made real progress in Britain but maybe I'm wrong. I'm heterosexual so maybe I don't see it.

BrinkOfExistence

I believe britain is one of the most gay-friendly countries in the world, in some countries you can spend a lifetime in prison as it's against the law to be gay and America is quite bad for homophobia too, most of it comes from religion and rest comes from ignorance.

eagles_fan

Huh. I think you make an excellent point. People tended to be homophobic in past times, so I suppose that they'd just sweep gay-bashing under the rug.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00