Honestly.....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Shifter, Mar 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shifter

Shifter Well-Known Member

this is for anyone who enjoys drinking alcohol. how can you stomach that stuff? I'm 16 and i took a sip to try it. It tastes nasty and it made me burn up inside. I never had any again....

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I enjoy drinking except for the stupid things I do when I'm drunk:dry:

Ugh,I was like that at your age,it burned my stomach and was just drinking to get drunk,couldn't stand the taste,but eventually found a drink I liked lol

3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

Beer is disgusting......... but not all alcohol is bad, rum for example is quite sweet.

4. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

maybe you should try like a breezer or something.. those are nice :)
    I had way too many when i was young (when i was young, im 22 haha) I like wine now..

5. Shifter

my 12 year old brother likes beer and rum way more than i do, but we don't abuse it.

so its an age thing....I see

6. Petal

:eek:hmy: 12??!?!

7. Beautiful Disaster

12, omg that is really young..

i hate beer

8. Shifter

well i am part irish :p he doesn't abuse it, but he sneaks sips alot :laugh:

9. Petal

I am fully Irish :bleh: lol!! Hope he doesnt get too fond of it:guiness:

10. Beautiful Disaster

he must have a good stomach

the thought alone makes me shiffer ;)

11. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

You develop a taste for liquor. The burning sensation in heavy liquor goes away :(. It's sad. Gin tastes like water to me, and whiskey like cola. Its an acquired taste. But there's no real reason to force yourself to like it. It's just a bit less harmful than smoking.

12. Shifter

too bad it doesn't cause teens to unintentionally kill themselves and their friends in a car. but honestly i was wondering

13. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

That's one of the main reasons why teenagers shouldn't drink. Drinking requires temperance and responsibility. It's unhealthy for adults who somewhat manage the effects. Deadly for teens. My stepsister and her friends were in a drinking accident. Both her friends died but she was unscathed.

14. Shifter

lucky her...too bad for her friends...and its amazing she was unscratched

15. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I had my first beer when I was like 8, champage probably 9. Not really a big deal, and I certainly don't drink it now...

I do like rum, though. Very sweet and delicious... but 3 times the calories per volume as sugared pop.

16. Shifter

oh my god, really?

17. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I've tasted beer and didn't like it. Could be an aquired taste like black coffee, though.

Just tried vodka for the first time the other day. Tasted like I was drinking Germ-X.

18. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Yes. I looked up the nutritional information, 70 calories per ounce. Coke: 100 calories per 8 ounces...

Okay. 5.6 times the the calories by volume.

This is true for all 40% alcohol liquors. They contain no sugar, fat, carbohydrates, or protein... but it turns out that alcohol is easily metabolised into energy.

19. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And lets be honest its worth its weight in gold for forgetfulness :blink:

20. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Don't drink it neat and you'll be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.