Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Escapist, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Escapist

Escapist Well-Known Member

So uhm. I've been at my Mom's this weekend and heard a few things. They aren't the biggest of things however, but when combined they are pissing me off.

I've been wanting to sell my Wii for awhile now and my brother wanted to buy one. I contacted him and asked him if he was interested in buying mine, he was and we arranged the things necassary. A few days went by and I changed my mind, so I called him and asked told him that I wanted to have the Wii back. All fine and such, but then he says... "Well... The Wii isn't at my place anymore, but at that of my GF's because hers doesn't work that well anymore." Since he didn't pay yet, I was kind of annoyed. Sure this was partly my fault, but I know my brother and if he could he would just give me the broken Wii instead of my own.

So anyway... I visited my Mother this weekend and heard from her that my brother had given one of the games he got with my Wii, away. Found it strange because we agreed on giving the Wii back and that it isn't going to be sold. Apparantly he still gave away the game anyway. My brother was at his GF's place at the time I was at my Mom's. So I called him, and I believe the GF's Mother picked up the phone. I greeted her, and told her who I was, paired with an explaination of the situation. She then said she would get my brother to the phone. Well... The conversation wasn't really a nice one. He first asked. "How'd you get this number?" , "Asshole Etc" and he hung up. Well how nice.

Dad picked me up Sunday night and we decided just to pick the Wii up at his GF's place. So we did. I rung the bell and her Father opened, I told him who I was and what was going on. He went to get my brother and damn he was so moody. Got no greeting whatsoever, he didn't even introduce me to the family nothing. He was like "You couldn't wait couldn't you?" Well... All I do is wait and wait. It takes ages for him to do something, and even when he is doing something he's irritated like crazy. Anyhow, he brought the Wii to me, but without cables and games, those were apparantly at his place at that time. Well great.

Blah. He just pisses me off so much. e_e Don't really feel the need to continue the ramble, had enough of him for the day. |:

Thanks anyway,
  2. oval

oval Well-Known Member

i had some "friends" that were like that. its just so annoying and drives you mad. all they did was use me for my shit...
    i feel you there
  3. Escapist

Sure must've been quite difficult to deal with. Hopefully you replaced the bad friends with proper ones.
    Wish I could do the same at times, though might prove to be a bit difficult with your brother. I guess it'll pass eventually, just wish he'd mature a little more.

Thanks for the reply. :)
  4. oval

oval Well-Known Member

yeah i know that sucks lol your stuck with family for life. and yeah i replaced them. good luck with your brother ^^
  5. sol224

sol224 New Member

nice post.

i know what you mean. my brother always speaks to me in the rudest way and no matter what i say has no respect for my words and says what i say is rubbish etc....

i realised this 3/4 years ago (aged 25) that around the brother i get low self-esteem, although i am considered very confident among friends.

so i decided enough is enough and i only saw him on Rosh Hashnah/Pesach (jewish holidays) until this year. nothing changes and then decided now to stop talking to the whole family. feel much better. although financially hard.
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Member

Don't worry mate, just a bit of brotherly antagonism ;). You always get that with brothers :)! My bro's sometimes act like that when we have to share the xbox to play halo 3 lol. Anyway is the wii any good? I've thought about getting one but haven't got round to it yet. Is it worth getting one?
  7. Escapist

Well. I'm 21 myself and my brother is 20. It's not that i'm all angry over a spell computer. It's just that he continiously uses us. Mom, A friend of hers, Dad, Grandparents. Whenever he needs something like; Money and such, he'll be nice and call us. But at any given other time? No he wouldn't. He doesn't even call my family from time to time to ask how they are. While he doesn't have to call his Aunt or Uncle frequently he could atleast let our Grandparents and Dad know how he's doing. I call my Mother frequently just to keep in touch. Why can't he? We're only good for him when he needs something, at any other time we come on the second place. Getting pretty sick of it, i've tried to be there or him when he had it difficult, he even lived at my place and Dad arranged a school for him and then he just screws it over. Just getting tired of it. Really.

The Wii is okay, rather nice family system. Kind of miss the days when me and my ex were playing together. It atleast has a nice variety in multiplayer games.
  8. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan Member

ah ok fair enough mate, so he just uses you and doesn't actually care about how your feeling? Can I ask a question - How many times do you or your family ring him up and ask how he is doing? Maybe if you look past his partly selfish nature and take a genuine interest in his life, you know by ringing him up or seeing him, he may be more willing to reciprocate your good nature. It's just a thought- might be worth giving it a try. But yeah I know what you mean, people like that can be hard to handle, just use your best judgement to deal with it, I know you can work it out! :)