Hope i put this in the right place

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by sadnblue, Nov 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadnblue

    sadnblue New Member

    So after the uneventful week I have had i decided to bite the bullet and call my gp for a doctors appointment to see where i go from here.

    Brief history - had a cpn for around 8 months, have been on medication for depression and social phobia. missed an appointment as i was ill (called to cancel it), tried to rearrange the appt the next day but couldnt get through to my cpn. 2 weeks later i finally got through, she shouted at me and made me feel really stupid for not attending that one appointment. said i was 'messing her around' and some pretty horrible stuff. I ended up telling her to stick it and hung the phone up.

    Thing is, ive now been without my medication for a week and i have been extremely depressed...constantly thinking of suicide. cant sleep. i have been in touch with the samaritians the whole week who have basically stopped me carrying out the suidice plans i made.

    Is it possible to request a new cpn or have i totally blown it by telling her to stick it? :( we never hit it off to be honest, and i always had a feeling it would end badly. I never really trusted her or felt comfortable around her so never opened up as i probably should have.
  2. Scully

    Scully Well-Known Member

    If it doesn't work with her, don't go on (with her). She's supposed to be a help and support, not to put you down. Happily, not all psys are so. You'll find another. I encourage you too.

    BTW, I love the Samaritans, they're so great.

    Good job, hold on, you're making it alone, you're a champ! Please find another doc who'll treat your as you deserve. :cheekkiss
  3. Ignored

    Ignored Staff Alumni

    I would go back to your gp and tell them what happened and ask if you can be referred to someone else. You have a right to see someone else if your relationship breaks down, and missing one appointment should mean that you are disbarred from having more support. I'd do it sooner rather than later though so she doesn't get her poison/story in before you have the chance to see your gp.
  4. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    They are right no doctor should treat you disrespectfully like that i would find a new doctor who will treat you kind. ask GP to order your meds okay that you need for now and get a new psych doctor.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.