Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Darken, Jun 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Where is the hope. I suppose the kind of life I want is just a fantasy. What life that would be I still don't know. Being morally and mentally pure maybe; Even is your life was shit or you die a horrible death that would be the greatest consciousness you could be(iguess). Is there no way to escape the cruelty of life with out killing your self? What are the failures of society suppose to do.

Strange thing I've been pondering though. In evolution were all on the track to infinity. There will always be some one stronger, or smarter, or more beautiful, so whats the pupose of even trying to uphold standards. I mean that why try to fit a projected image of what modern people are suppose to be. They tell us we have to be this way or that way to be accepted as successful human beings. Is the kingdom of heaven inside of us like jesus said? Can we obtain happiness some how with out material or social gain? Maybe god loves all of his creations equally. We are equal. All life is equal. Human is worth no more than a maggit. Or a germ. Thats why I try to respect all life.

What about the power to control reality? Even if you had that power what would you do with it? We are not all knowing, so we don't know of the best possible existence. What is the most wise intelligent life form in the universe. What would that being think the key to happiness is I wonder.

If you believe in some thing, with some evidence or none. Which doesn't mean it isn't true just means you can't prove it. You need a sign to fortify your beliefs, like say a miracle or a near death experience etcetera. So if I believe in life after death (btw I don't know which one is more displeasing nonexistence or having to keep living after death, so i'm unbiased) I never had an experience to show me truth. There is no signs of hope?

Am I doomed? I don't like this person (me) I don't want to be with him any more.
  2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Well, from a Judeo-Christian perspective, humans are much more valuable than animals because the Torah/Bible states that man was created in God's image. And some individuals who have been particularly pious in life have been found to be incorrupt.

This is a very interesting site, no matter your beliefs:

3. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I don't know, I've been taught that bearing the cruelty of life brings the greater happiness, rather than to avoid it. "No pain, no gain" kind of thing. It's like... having to eat your veggies you hate to be healthy?
    Controlling reality is not my type of thing you know? If we all do know exactly what is and how to get happiness, we'd get bored in the end after that. :tongue: So we have to find it for ourselves (and it can be fun if you make it so). It kinda makes life a little meaningless if we already knew, when you think about it.

Not all miracles come with a near-death experience and then you come out alive you know... at least I believe so. I'd say more, but that'd be going a little religious with what I believe and I do not want to force it upon you. What I could say is you might want to hope for something smaller
  4. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

that would make sense if we evolved quicker. We aren't and humankind is going in a pointless circle of negativity. My life has been full of pain, how has it made me stronger? Also im bored any way so what the fuck? I'm thinking every day about these kinds of things just looking for answers. Some hope I can make it and live a happy existence.
  5. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

A life full of pain could make you stronger by being able to bear that pain if you choose so. Some answers that we really want to know, probably only God knows. Other times answers will come to you, but it could feel it can take forever for it to come, so ... until then, you should probably get a hobby while you're waiting :)
  6. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Yes we were. We were created in the gods image. THe bible says this as 'us' and 'we'

We are not better than other life, thats a bit arrogant to say imo. We were just designed by extraterrestrials to be servants to them. We used to walk with god in the garden of eden, what do you think that means? They mistakingly considered this higher being there god. A species like us but millions of years ahead created us to look like them. That is the leap in our evolution that scientists can't find, where we went from cave men to homosapiens. The creator of consciousness, the true ultimate god. Has no physical form or shape, some say it is just pure light. This also explains why the earth isn't only 6000 or so years old like young earth creationists say. That might have just been when we were designed into modern humans. thats my opinion on that :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.