Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by heavenslight, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heavenslight

heavenslight New Member

First of all I believe in and love Jesus, so read if you want to and don't if you don't. It breaks my heart to see even one person in this sad condition, let alone so many. I remember when I flet this way myself and I believe that most everyone has had the thought of ending it all at some time in their life. I think about all of the people who took their own lives already and how much they missed because they didn't realize that things would not always be as dark as they seemed during that time. I read a saying one time: "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation." If we all killed ourselves because we were going through a depression or bad time in our life there would soon be no people left. We all want to be happy all the time and have peace all the time and not have any problems, but the truth is none of us are happy or have peace all the time and we all have problems because this is the world and it's not easy, but it's do-able. It's what "you" make it. Are you depressed because you're doing drugs? Then stop it. Are you depressed because you're addicted to alcohol? Then stop it. Are you living in darkness? Then stop it. You have a choice here. If you kill yourself there won't be anymore visits with your friend, no sun on your face, no more Coca~Cola, no more cruising around, no sharing anything with anyone anymore. Listen baby, this will pass, be strong in yourself. You could ask Jesus to rescue you, it wouldn't hurt and you have nothing to lose and you may be surprised by what you feel. You don't have to give up anything, it's not hard to do, just say this if you want: "Jesus rescue me." God bless you baby.
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

As I do not believe in altruism, I wonder if there is any more personal reason for you posting here...in either case, welcome and know that each person has developed his/her own sense of spirituality/non-spirituality...again welcome and hope you are doing well...J
  3. wunderwood

wunderwood Well-Known Member

I find your post rather condescending. But despite that I am glad that you have found something that works for you.
  4. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

You say that like it is a bad thing. :rolleyes:
  5. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

welcome and glad this works for you
    SF has members from all religions and also no faiths here and personally i don't feel v comfortable with this post. maybe that is just me.

while it is true belief systems can help some people, the problem with some religions is that they think there's is the only valid one. there are many on here who have been hurt and abused thorugh christianity. if you want to discuss religion there is a soap box thread but be ready for the responses you get.

jesus is not the answer for depression.. depression is a very real illness caused either by enviroment ( reactive depression ) or chemical inbalance ( clinical depression ) , which needs medication and/or therapy usually in combination to be treated. same as diabetics often needs insulin.

religion/ faith etc CAN help with anxiety, sense of purpose, community etc but there are many religions and all are as valid as the rest ( or invalid dependant upon your perspective )

i too have a spiritual path.. but not a religion, i am a witch. it has helped me a lot but it still does not quell a lot of my problems which i will not go into here.

there is no right religion, it is about what helps and works for the person and sometimes that may mean no religion at all.

i am glad it works for you but this is not really the place to try to convert others most of who are vunerable. if that was not your intent then i apologise. i hope the forum helps you if that is what you came for...
  6. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

no, things do not get better for some people.. only worse guaranteed. think terminal or chronic illness
  7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I'm depressed because I was molested as a kid. After sixteen years of chronic severe depression, I should just get over it! Never thought of that before :biggrin:. Depression does not get better. It's like being stuck in the French trenches, circa 1917 for (thus far) over a decade. The reason I haven't killed myself is because of family - that's it. God and Christian morality can choke on it.

Sorry for being so negative, but your post annoyed me with its ignorance of depression and suicide.

Welcome to SF. I'm sure there are people you can help here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.