Hopeful

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by 4ever_young, Aug 7, 2016.

1. 4ever_young

4ever_young Member

hi, I'm just here to find a new way to deal with my depression and suicidal thoughts. I'm a long time sufferer of this illness but only recently I am able to talk about it. I've always been embarrassed and couldn't admit that I am sick but now I'm ready to get to the bottom of my issues and hopefully overcome my symptoms. I'd like to hopefully make some new friends and I'm looking forward to talking freely without any judgement.

sahel likes this.
  2. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to SF . You wont be judged here, thats for sure. Its great that you can recognize you are ill and you are now prepared to do something about it. That in itself is a positive step you are making. There is a section/thread in the forum called My Story where members are free to write about what brings them to SF. To help us get to know you a little better and to help us understand your illness and how it affects you, you could post there if and when you are ready.

Theres usually someone around the place and there is a chat [open and private] facility, so talking over issues/problems is always a option. I am sure you will make some new friends here as we all care about each other and just try to help and support each other any way we can.

4ever_young likes this.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum hun. Am very glad that you are now able to open up about your issues, this is a very comfortable place to talk about any issues. If you ever need to talk just drop me a PM :) Glad you found us here, we will do our best to support you hun :)

4ever_young likes this.
  4. moxman

moxman Well-Known Member

Hi, I am Mox

Welcome to SF and thank you for joining us. When you are here you are SAFE.

Feel free to browse the different forums and read other people's stories. My personal story is linked at the bottom of my post. Just know you are NOT alone. EVERYONE here is fighting his/her own demons. But we get by sharing our stories and leaning on others for support. Maybe someday you will feel like sharing your own story. No one here will ridicule you, make fun of you, or harass you that type of behavior is not tolerated here. What will do is give you emotional support and lots of hugs.

Feel free to PM/IM me if you want to chat or discuss something in private.

Take Care of Yourself , It was nice meeting you

4ever_young likes this.
  5. ghostangelcake7

ghostangelcake7 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I'm new too. I have suffered for over a decade with this chronic illness and fighting the urge to end my life. Hopeful is good...I need some more of that.