Hopeless, helpless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thepainwithin, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thepainwithin

thepainwithin Well-Known Member

Ive known this girl since I was 8 I'm now 21. She used to be obsessed with me, and after 8 years of not talking we started dating last summer. 2 weeks in she broke up with me and hasn't talked to me in 10 months, and she said she loved me. If it weren't for that 2 week relationship it would be 3 years of not having sex. I haven't kissed a girl since then either. She said she loved me and now she has another boyfriend. She lives down the street from my lake house so now every time I go out there I feel sick. I didn't talk to her for 10 months and I said hi over Facebook a few weeks ago. She didn't respond I asked why. She didn't respond again. So I spoke my peace over a text and she blocked me. Without saying a word. Did I mention she said she loved me?

My parents are good friends with her parents so they love her. They pushed me into talking to her. Now of course its my fault she isn't talking to me. My parents blame me, they ask why I can't be the bigger man and hangout with her. They ask what I did to make her hate me. Of course because im such a fuck up.

I have tickets to a baseball game. My dad told me to invite a friend do we don't waste a ticket. Of course after this girl stopped talking to me I have officially burned the last bridge of my child hood friends. If I don't invite a girl my parents will be pissed. I said I'd invite my friend who is a huge baseball fan to which my dad replied "you hangout with him too much" (I'd hung out with him 1 time in 2 years).

2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

If 2 weeks in there was already sex, she probably was not destined to be long term for love anyways. A goal of relationships should be long term, so developing the non physical aspect by becoming friends first and foremost will definitely aide in a lasting situation, IMHO. Friendships that are solid can withstand the test of time. Listen only to yourself and don't be influenced by what your parents may think or suggest when it comes to your selecting friends. Choose them well, though. Tell your parents that your relationship is your relationship and while you respect them and their opinions, that they have to allow you to choose who you will associate with. I'd invite the friend you mentioned to the game and just ignore how your dad may feel about it - or tell him how you feel as you just have here.

3. Sea Sparkles

Sea Sparkles Well-Known Member

Just tell your parents you have no idea what you did.... and they might even ask her...

People change- don't take it to heart, I'm sure your not a fuck up... some girls just like to, well errr, not stay with one guy and then feel bad about the guys they got involved with prior an ignore them....

I know how it is like... I'm sorta anti social and have not made any friends (no joke!) and my parents always thought I had tons of friends :/ ... You could always tell them your peep's that you are close with, can't go, other then the other guy-- as the rest of the people are busy (I've used that....)

/hang in there though!! ((hugs!))

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

:/ Just take your friend or tell your parents you are not going. :/ I wish I could say that if it weren't for those two weeks it would break my sexless streak. Sadly I know that will never happen. Anyway, just tell your parents to piss off and you are taking a friend you want to spend time with. :tongue: If I was you I would just tell my parents how she is only with the effort when she puts out. Since she is not putting out she is not putting out she is not worth the effort. Well either that or make them explain why you should go on an outing with your ex-girlfriend. Make them justify and work to get their way. Make them explain why you need to take a girl who is dating another man out on a date? :p I can help you come up with some comebacks if you like.

5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

No explanation, no even bothering to talk with you, then I would say that it is not you who is the fuck up or to blame for any of it, but she is. At least you have tried talking to her, tried getting to the bottom of why she did what she did, whereas she has avoided any mention of it. No, you have always been the better man in all of this, it is she that has the problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.