hopeless in Baltimore

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by depressed-dad, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. depressed-dad

depressed-dad Member

why am i like this why do i feel this way. i always take on everyones pain and am strong for them why cant i be strong for myself...i feel like a failure to my family and to myself. no matter what i do i seem to fail...i dont like it but why do i feel this way...my wife and parents steped in to try and help and taken me to drs but its not workling...why is it not working....medicine helps with pain after injuries and yet the most important injury that i have cant be fixed with this medicine....i odnt get it...yet tried to get an appt with psychiatrist(sp) but yet we cant see you for three weeks pardon me but wtf do I do for these three weeks....i mean come on......the other day I had XXX for what....tell me why...cause i sure dont know...tell me why i wrote 10 pages of unreadable jumbled thoughts and dont even remember doing it.....how is that possible....i need help and dont know where to get it....
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

There are support services which can serve as respite until you can see the PDoc...are there any other medications your MD can prescribe in the meantime??? You said you had an injury, are you on pain medications? some of the side effects of some medications not targeting depression is depression itself...I have had that happen with several medications I have taken...talk to your MD about how you are feeling and what is expected from the medications you are taking...wishing you safety and easier times, big hugs, J
  3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well for one thing I can tell you is that you mentioned in your other post that once you held a gun to your head.

Once I had a rope around my neck. You know what I did next? I went to the hospital and entered the psych ward for a week.

I couldnt afford it, but I am still here.

I dont have an answer for the 3 week wait, however...IF AT ANY POINT you feel like putting that gun to your head again, or something else to end it all, call 911 or drive yourself down to the nearest hospital and tell them you are ACUTELY suicidal. You really need to use that word, ACUTELY. That will tell them that you are serious.

I mean we go to the hospital when we are injured or sick. Well friend, our brains are injured and sick. Where else would we go.

And....btw...if you are feeling acutely suicidal today, then go today. You wont have to wait the 3 weeks then.

If you are worried about your work, I went on FMLA leave. As long as you have time in ( Idk like a year) then you should qualify for that too. Or maybe short term disability.

I'll bet if you called your HR department from the hospital, they would help.

Mine did.
  4. depressed-dad

depressed-dad Member

the injury ref. was that of if you have an injury they give you meds to help with the pain...and it seems as if the meds they have given me are jsut not working for how i am feeling....was i able to seperate the two...that is what i was trying to do...use as seperate senarios.....sry for confussion
  5. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Well meds are part of it. And if your meds arent working then maybe you need different ones. But the other part of it is that let's say you suffered a mild heart attack.

Ok so you would end up in the hospital for some time. Sure they will give you meds, but they also will give you the time you need to rest and heal. Afterwards they will provide instructions on how to live a better life so you dont get another heart attack.

Well at least for me....that was how it was in the hospital when I made my serious attempt. I got meds, but I also got the time and rest needed to heal. At least for awhile. And when I left I got instructions on what to do to help me live a better life.

Doesnt always work, but then again I am still here and that was several months ago.

Also there are some great group therapy stuff where you get to work out all the crap with others who are having similar situations and some that arent. Just like here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.