Hopeless mess...How do I hide it?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Zueri, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

Well...I started "cutting" again...Well, not exactly classic cutting, but close enough...No details necessary...
    Can't stop...Tried several times...

Anyways, my friend is starting to get suspicious. I can't keep telling her that I tripped and broke my fall with my hand...
    She's not believing it...
    And I don't want her to know that I'm doing it. It would be too embarassing...

What should I do?
    I tried longer sleeves...I tried bandages...I tried concealing my hand from view...but I think it's just getting to be too obvious...

How do I hide it?

2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

Its not that great an idea if you keep on hiding it. She'll find out eventually... and it would go a lot smoother for the both of you if you had control over when and how. The easiest way to 'hide' it, as you've put it, is to stop cutting... but then again thats a lot easier said than done.

TDM

3. Zueri

Zueri Well-Known Member

I am trying to quit...really and truly.
    Sometimes I go days with out doing it.
    Then, anger/sorrow just build up until I can't hold it in any longer...and I cut dangerously deep...
    What's wrong with me? I never used to be like this...

If anybody has any suggestions...PLEASE let me know...my sanity is ever so slowly disappearing. I NEED to stop or at least prevent my friend from finding out, but I have no idea how...

4. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

First off before you even consider stopping cutting, you need to figure out WHY you cut. Then once you do, because cutting is a habit and you use it to help you deal with things (albeit not that well) you need to have alternatives to it... and people you can talk to is preferrable as well... distractions... so on and so forth. And you need to be prepared to slip up. A LOT. Its not easy to stop cutting... but its possible.

TDM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.