Hopeless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Concrete_Angel, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Right now I'm feeling hopeless. I'm just a person who is stuck in the past and can't move on. Has so many secrets could build a mountain. Can't trust many people and although trying to accomplish my dreams I can't achieve this because I'm not smart enough. Although "I'm only young and got my life ahead of me" what if its just 60 more years of this? Would life be worth living for that?

2. Øyvind

Øyvind Senior Member

:( As I said in chat, this is a place where you can be honest and talk about your secrets. You will feel better once someone else knows and it's in writing.

3. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

You don't know how long you have left. Being young doesn't guarantee more years. I think that's the problem with the bargains we make with ourselves over lifespan...How long is a thing which becomes known only after the fact.

The "past" is hard to get away from. For one thing, some things about us are already settled and can't be changed anymore. In that sense, the hold that the past has on us is real. But other things are not yet determined, and we can influence those. It is a tough fight. But it's worth it, I think.

Best wishes to you. You always deserve the best things in life.

4. Cicada 3301

Cicada 3301 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, I hope you're okay :(

I agree, I don't think it matters if you are young, old, or in between, we can all feel like life is not worth living sometimes and being told that you are young and have a long life ahead of you with lots to change and experience is unfair in my opinion. But don't give up hope just yet, your past may always be with you but you will move on :) I believe you'll accomplish your dreams too because you are smart, you may not see yourself that way but you are intelligent and funny and one of the kindest people I know.

I think you have it in you to become the person you want to be and accomplish all your dreams and if you don't, that's okay too because you are already an amazing person and I hope you can one day come to realise this; I'm just sorry you have to go through the things you do because you don't deserve it :hug:

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Angel, you are smart enough to have self-awareness, and that's something a lot of people aren't even interested in in. With it you can identify your issues, and choose to take a new "thinking path" which, instead of allowing the past to stick to you, you can come to the place where you can see it has been used as the building blocks to build that decision to work on what you allow yourself to dwell on. Everything is redeemable, meaning that we can start again, understanding that there is not a person in the world who isn't prone to making wrong decisions, especially when already under some sort of stress. Be gentle with yourself, and take courage that you do not have to be defined by your past :)

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Angel,

If people worried about the past then everyone would be down. You need to focus on the future and see what you can achieve. Compared to others your age, you are very self-aware and astute. You can comprehend your thoughts and use your rationale what you going through. Urprecious is correct in that you can redeem whatever has happened in the past. Please take care and a big smile..

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi honey, live for today and not for tomorrow, you are very young, bright and intelligent, try and leave the past and secrets behind, maybe you will need a counsellor to help you accomplish this, but I believe in you, you can do it. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have deleted some posts, please bear in mind that this site is pro life and that comment wasn't suitable for this thread which asked for support

9. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Thankyou everyone :) made me smile reading the comments :hug:

10. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Angel, your welcome. Just keep posting here for support. Take care. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.