Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Penguin Attack, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!
    I'm 21 years old and I almost <Mod Edit: Methods> myself a few months ago because I'm just tired of being single without a girlfriend and never even been on a date. I'm a senior in college now so I just don't know what to do anymore. Whenever I see couples around or anything close to that I just think of <Mod Edit: Methods> myself and nothing more. Sure I've had therapy and talked to family members about it but it really doesn't help that much. I am not going to live the rest of my damn life being like this. I'd rather just end it and get it over with. Sure many people will think this is a dumb way for suicide, but not for me though. Any help would be appreciated. I might just end up doing something to myself sooner or later anyways.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum, I see you have tried talking to family members, therapist etc.. But have you seen a psychiatrist? I think that would be your best bet considering you are so low at the moment. There are much better ways to dealing with this than resorting to suicide. I would suggest to keep talking and posting here and try and remain positive, this will pass most likely :hug:
  3. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Hi penguin, I replied to your other thread earlier this week. Being as low as you are is a terrible place to be but it will not last forever. One of the features of depression is a belief that things will not change but they do. Please have a look at JV3's thread: http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?133957-My-Recovery
    He sounds a lot like you and might give you some hope. Lots of people here post the following which I think is really cool: suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Take care
  4. Yes, I have seen a psychiatrist and take depression meds.
  5. Thanks for replying again K8E. That link was useful after reading it but still some people just get lucky or by chance.
  6. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

What happens for others can happen for you, P A - it rests on whether we're able to believe that it can........ Good counselling can help you understand any blockages that may be preventing you from believing that you are a good and wonderful person who deserves a fulfilling relationship - and give you pointers on how to achieve this - perhaps consider a relationship therapist to help you here?
  7. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you found the link useful. The thing is if you aren't here then you won't experience that chance and things will get better. This is especially true if you want them too and get help. Take care.
  8. Sure, what you said is true to an extent but how the heck do I know that things will get any better? I always think of just ending this life a couple times every other day or so. What's the point of living if I'm going to be lonely like this? I'd rather just end it soon rather than continue to suffer through this. I am a spiritual person so I do believe in the afterlife (reincarnation), but still I really don;t what to do anyways.
  9. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

OK. I understand about the hopelessness, for different reasons I have felt the same way. The thing is I don't know what you believe about reincarnation, but I am very interested in Buddhism. The Tibetans teach that suicide will result in a very bad rebirth, possible in one of the hell realms. If you think this life is hellish you should read some of their descriptions of the hell realms ;)
    The other thing about reincarnation is that many people believe that the purpose of life is to learn and if you kill yourself then you haven't learned what you need to. This means that you'll have to go through it all again. Many people conclude that it is better to see this life through and try and learn what we can until it is 'our time' to go.
    I don't know who is right but I believe that Buddhists like the Dalai Llama and Ajahn Chah are exceptionally wise and honest. I'd rather listen to them than my own messed up thoughts when it comes to a life or death decision. It probably sounds cowardly or stupid but I think in one of my first posts here I said that the afterlife was one reason that I was hanging on.
    As for loneliness it's all about how you think about it. Tenzin Palmo, a great Buddhist nun lived in a cave for 12 years. Her biography A Cave in The Snow gave me a lot to think about.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  10. That's a cool post you did. Yes, I have heard that if one kills themself then that person will have to repeat that life again or experience the opposite and know how it feels if someone else kills themself. Based on these strong beliefs that I have these are some of the reasons why I haven't done anything bad to myself. Yeah I know what you mean by the hoplessness stuff. Heck I've joined some dating sites to maybe feel a little better about things but still I haven't really gotten anywhere with that too.
  11. Screw it. I'm probably going to kill myself in the next week or two most likely. I just don't care anymore. I'll see what the next life brings.
  12. Don't know what to do
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.