Hopeless

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by AAA3330, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Something has been wrong with my head now for over 2 years and I don't know how much more that I can take. I think that it may be schizophrenia. I have a lot of confusion and it never goes away. It's hard for me to focus on myself because I'm always focused on other people. It's really strange. I suffer so much everyday and even at night while I'm sleeping. I've been to see several psychiatrists and 2 therapists. I've been to the hospital twice. Nothing has helped. I don't want to have to be messed up and suffer for the rest of my life, but seems that I have no choice. I have a good psychiatrist but it's not her fault that none of the meds have worked. Suicide seems to be the only answer, but I don't think that I can do it. Tonight it got really rough, but I think that I've settled down now. I'm always in crisis, but I've already been to the hospital twice and all that they will do is give me meds. I've been on several antipsycotics and antidepressants. I think that my brain is damaged somehow and there's no bringing it back. I just feel totally screwed.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Two years is really a short time to get meds right if you do have schizophrenia it can take up to six years to get right combination work with your doctor keep a mood chart ok on when you are up and down and how your brain is working throughout day it will help doc adjust your meds to get best results

3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Have you self labeled yourself with schizophrenia?

Theres many combinations of meds. Im currently on 4 med cocktail. And been hospitalized 4x in 4 month span. I have schizoaffective disorder that was diagnosed at the last hospitalization.

4. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the responses. I'll keep working with my psychiatrist though it seems like I've been on about every med out there. I was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 1998 but it was different then. I didn't become really messed up until 2012. My psychiatrist thinks that it's probably the Schizophrenia but I don't think that even she is sure. The meds don't seem to have any effect on me. I don't think that I'll ever get better, but my psychiatrist says that she's not done yet so I guess I'll keep on trying.

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Keep trying. There's too many combinations possibilities with names and mg doses

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, do keep on trying. It took me 7 years to finally find the best combination of medications, while it's a hard struggle inbetween you can do this. Keep trying, keep taking their advice and see what happens. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.