Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by savetoniqht, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I haven't been on here in quite a while. I'm not sure who I even know on here anymore.
    I'm losing it. Apparently people with eating disorders have one of the highest rates of suicide. I don't understand how people recover. I don't understand how people can get out of this place and live in a world surrounded by food and expectations. I don't understand how people can let go of the guilt. I feel like if I were ever going to get to a different place, I'd be there by now. I don't think anyone can fix my head at this point. I'm so tired of fighting this shit.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Mel it is a fight but a fight that has been won hun with help and support right therapy you can hun get the control back There is hope hun there is
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

As you know, ED does not have to do with food, but it is true, we have to eat, which is why it is so difficult...that is why it is important to speak to people knowledgable in ED ... I am prone to withholding food from myself when very stressed (e.g. I dont deserve to eat) so I know first hand how much the ghost of an ED can hang around...maybe besides meeting with a professional, talk to ppl who feel they have successfully managed their ED...all the best
  4. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

I've just been through so much treatment and i'm tired of trying because nothing has worked.
    thank you for taking the time to respond to this. I really appreciate it. I'm trying to hold on...
  5. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

I've been thinking for myself, that the opposite of suicide is forgiveness. Forgiveness of yourself, probably the most important...and then forgiveness of the others around you for not being perfect. Suicide and hurting ourselves is really responding to wounds with more anger and hurt. So instead of having it be a struggle to fix your head, can you hit bottom, surrender and begin this deep process of forgiveness? Just thinking out loud. Love.
  6. synchrohobbit

synchrohobbit Active Member

I notice you have ballet slippers as your icon. I started synchronized swimming when I was nine, and although I know I was utterly predisposed to it I know the push to be thinner to look good did not help. If you are still dancing it is going to be difficult, although being done doesn't solve everything. Sometimes you need extremely long-term (like five year) treatment to get to a place you need to be, and maintain it, but that is so difficult when you take money and insurance into account.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.