Hopelessly Depressed

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by J-ana, Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J-ana

J-ana Member

I’ve been depressed for so long, I’m not sure what happy looks like or if its even at all attainable. It doesn’t feel like its ever going to get any better. On top of that, I’ve had severe anxiety. I’m not sure why – I just feel anxious all the time. I’m not sleeping much. I feel a mess. My Dr.’s are not helpful. I do use alternative therapies and meds…nothing seems to help. I don’t know what to do or how much more of it I can take. Is there any help out there? Will I be able to get through this? I feel like killing myself. Help.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, you will be able to get through this. Are you anxious about something in particular or is it generalized? The problem might be that you're not on the right medications, it can take a while to find the right ones for you. Please do not try and harm yourself because while you are in a bad place, this is treatable and can be cured. Maybe not as fast as you'd want it to be but it still can. Have you been diagnosed with anything?

3. J-ana

J-ana Member

It's just general anxiety. I mean there are things I am anxious about, but its a general thing. I was diagnosed with MDD and Bipolar1 as well as having PTSD and BPD. My Dr. just put me on another med. I'm not excited about it; I hate taking meds. If it doesn't work, then I give up.....I am still feeling really down and suicidal....but I'm holding onto some hope - for the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.