Hopelessness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by noisserped, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noisserped

noisserped Guest

I used to always have hope, no matter how small, it was there. If I was in the depths of depression there was always still something to be hopeful about. That was somewhat comforting in itself. No matter how bad it was I could find a way to convince myself that it wasn't hopeless. I've been suicidal for a long time, but hope kept me from acting on it.

I've come to the realization that I no longer have that hope anymore, and that is a very frightening thing. Failure after failure has crushed that I think. I have become a recluse and have developed severe anxiety and agoraphobia. I tried to get help... the pills didn't work and actually made me feel intolerably bad. The therapy is too expensive for someone that can't even work. My thinking is so twisted and irrational that I can't even function. I've unintentionally ruined friendships with my ineptness and destroyed many chances at more. I hide from everything and everyone.

I am nothing but a burden. Being housebound and scared shitless of the real world, I cannot contribute anything. I am literally a parasite. I want to die but I don't want to further burden those around me. This is my sole reason for continuing.

It's true... the negativity has completely overcome me. I honestly, truly and sincerely do not see a light at the end of the tunnel anymore. I am consumed by self-loathing and despair. I can't see any possible way out. I want to enjoy life so badly but I can't. I have hopes and dreams that cannot be fulfilled. It is almost comical how there is so much wrong with me and my life, and I struggle to think of one good quality I possess.

I am hopeless.

2. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

I feel the EXACT same way you do. From feeling like a parasite to losing all my hope. No matter how difficult my situation was I could always be hopeful and lately I feel like there's nothing left to hope for. It really sucks huh?

Welcome to SF btw :hug:

3. Leiaha

Leiaha Well-Known Member

Are we twins separated at birth? Lol
    I understand completely how u feel and possibly how u think too. I know how totally incapacitating it is and also how hard it is 2 get the help necessary.
    Feel free 2 contact me anytime and if i can help i will.
    Lea :cheekkiss:

4. noisserped

noisserped Guest

Thanks peoples, on some level it does make me feel less alone to know that others might just know something of what its like.

Please if anyone is reading this, whatever you do, don't lose hope. It's very very scary. If you have to, force yourself to hold onto that hope. Be proactive and do things to better yourself and your situation. Don't be like me and wait until it's too late. Please don't. I hid from all of my problems and they only got so much worse. I am scared of everything and everyone now, and scared of life and the future.

If there's one purpose I can serve, hopefully it's as a warning to others. =(

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.