Hopes and dreams for 2015

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Petal, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hey everyone, what are your hopes and dreams for the year 2015?

I personally want to go back working for charity (I know it is an option and know where I would be working).
    I want to lose a considerable amount of weight,the good thing about January is the gyms are cheaper lol
    I'd love to quit smoking, to save my wallet and my health.

I don't know how much of this I can realistically achieve but I hope somehow I can do some of it.
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Just to be happy and healthy, can't think of anything else I really want at the moment. I'm not that great at keeping resolutions, but I should be able to do that much at least.
  3. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Save money atfer paying off a big debt, continue to lose weight are three biggest goals for 2015
  4. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

I would like to find full time permanent employment.

Would love to lose 50-60 pounds, but have never succeed at that, at least not keeping it off.

Would like to become an expert with soundboard at church.

Would like to be happy. Look forward to getting up.

But I am not getting my hopes up about anything.
  5. Donnanobispacem

Donnanobispacem Well-Known Member

Hmm, I guess my goals for 2015 are the ones I failed at for 2014-
    get health insurance & find decent medical help;
    pay off my mortgage ( my only debt )
    & either sell my home or commit to staying here and do some renovations.

I'm on track for the first two, the third, not sure what to do, several factors affecting my decision.

I do find goal-setting to be rewarding though, but for me the goals have to be specific and achievable- drop 5 lb/ walk every day/ volunteer an hour a week etc. If they are vague or too huge I just get overwhelmed.

I'd love to never get overwhelmed again- but that's in my experience so far not going to happen!
  6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Every day is the start of a new year. December 7, 2014 is certainly a new year since December 7, 2013. Why not start to improve your life tomorrow? Just do it.
  7. pooky

pooky Forum Buddy

Good positive forward thinking. I also think very similarly.:pray2:

Goals for 2015 starting from right now:

1. To loose more weight. To minimize intake of junk food, to eat more vegetables & fruits. To drink more water. To sleep for 7-8 hrs at night only.
    2. To go out of my house everyday. To continue going to college almost everyday.
    3. I must relax more often.
    4. To volunteer my time for people in need.
    5. To be happy by having fun.
    6. To write and draw regularly.

7. To be a role model to others. Well I have severe schizophrenia and I am on the right track of being highly successful.

1. Well , I go to college almost everyday. In 2016 I will hopefully pass out and then I would be able to find a good job. If I am unable to find a job, or if I am unsatisfied with my job I will start my own business.

2. I can cook some food. One and a half months ago I was dark about cooking.

3. I can initiate conversation. I can buy groceries and other stuffs on my own.

4. I wear shirts with positive messages. Haha I am proud of that.

5. I can iron shirts. Just a few months ago I was totally dark about it.

6. Friends regard me as a person who is of good character, who is different from others.

I thank you people, my dad (mom expired in 2008 due to liver cancer) , my close friends for my positive attitude towards life.

You people are great. You all have always understood a poor soul like me. Thank you all.
  8. cymbele

cymbele SF Supporter

Like silly Old bear I too would like to find fulltime perm employment. Maybe something that will last past the year.

I like others would like to lose 50 lbs. But I have been going to the gym and nothing has moved in terms of the scale. I think I have cut back on my eating but maybe I really haven't.

And finally I would like to develop some real life friendships. I enjoy being here and checking the Café threads but sometimes I would like to really talk to others.
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I am very particular, I have to set a date for everything. Just the way I am. For example last May 1st I started a diet and lost 3 stone, I have put some of it back on but that's not the point lol. It works for me anyway :)
  10. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

--Just caught this thread Petal (I love it BTW), or I would've surely posted by now, surely...:)

My hopes for this year are to learn from past mistakes (and not repeat them), and try to become a better and forgiving/kind/sincere man.

I hope to one day want to come on this site to help others because I'm doing better in my own life, rather than needing it for support for myself. I'm not losing hope just yet.

I also hope in some way to overcome this phobia that has taken over my life as of late. This was far from what I used to be (stuck in the house all the time)

Dreams, well, I'll have to think about any achievable dreams left and get back to you on that one.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  11. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Keep On Dreaming

You are in Me and I am in you, you are Me and I am you, and your dreams and visions are Mine. Throughout the ages, unbeknown to you for a very long time I have been dreaming through you. At once you are the dreamer and the dreamed. From the beginning I knew that it would take an exceedingly long time until you, individually and collectively as a race, had sufficiently grown in understanding to grasp the nature of your own being. As mentioned earlier, each one of you has always been and will continue to be in all Eternity a transmitter and receiver station for My thoughts, ideas and dreams. Potentially, each one of you is a channel through which I am ready to release ever more of My wisdom into your world. The amount and depth of it depends on the degree of spiritual maturity and understanding the receiving person is able to cope with at any given time.