Hoping This Helps

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ghostbuster, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster Member

I'm young.. Literally got my whole life ahead of me.

Unfortunately, for the first time in my life, dating back to my 20th birthday in November; I've lost motivation, drive, inspiration, happiness… It all kind of went down hill since then.

I'm ashamed to admit that this was sparked by the way I was treated by my love interests, but realistically, theres just much more. I'm completely against the idea of "professional" therapy so early in life, plus I believe my family doesn't need that unnecessary financial pressure atop of them. This is a stretch, and reach for me, but although the internet hinders many of the people of our generations minds, I'm strongly hoping to God (surprisingly, I am, or was once very faithful) that this helps repair my self-esteem, and personal thoughts about me.

In advanced, thank you to anyone who helps. I wish you all better already, despite not knowing any of the stories, or situations I'm about to encounter and read.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi Ghostbuster Hope just talking here helps you to know you are not alone

3. ChestnutMay

ChestnutMay Antiquities Friend

Hi Ghostbuster,

There is no reason to feel ashamed because a love affair has taken the wind out of your sails. It is a cliche, but true: Love hurts. And besides, it sounds like this person treated you badly and it takes awhile to recover from that. It sounds like you've really taken a blow to your self esteem. I am much older than you but well remember feeling like I was totally worthless when someone I really loved and respected rejected me rather brutally. Brrrr. I don't like to think of it even now.

It's great that you are reaching out like this. I think you will find a lot of people understand what you are going through and want to offer support. It's obvious you are a very caring person - just look how considerate of your family in not wanting to saddle them with the costs of therapy. There is low cost therapy out there, though and this really can help. It doesn't have to be for years and years - a lot of therapy is geared towards short term gains. And then of course there is medication. That's something worth investigating as it can help. There are drawbacks, too, however so check it out carefully. For one thing, it can be very hard to go off anti-depressants once you start.

A lot of people swear by exercise. Do you work out? Unfortunately, when you're depressed, the last thing you want to do is work out but it actually does help.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello ghostbuster, I hope talking and venting here along with peer to peer support will help you. Welcome to the forums :)

5. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Welcome aboard.

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum and be safe.

7. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

Your words hit me on a personal level, because I am right there with you. I myself am nearly 21, have had really bad experiences with relationships, and I grew up very financially unstable. I believe that this site will help you, my friend, as it is helping me.

I wish you the very best of luck. Be safe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.