hoplessness

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by IJ (it just is), Mar 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IJ (it just is)

IJ (it just is) Well-Known Member

i just got back from a therapy session, and i feel worse than i did before i went. not sure why really, it normally helps, but i think this time what she said upset me, i said i wanted to take the final step and she said if i wanted to do that, i wouldnt be in therapy....

2. Luie

Luie Well-Known Member

lol wtf is she trying to do, make you leave? I had a bad experience with therapists so I no longer put up with it, but if given the right opportunity (with free sessions and someone who looks like they know what they're talking about) I'd only see it as giving therapy one last chance to do what it's intended to do. Even if I attended sessions starting now, I'd plan to take those final steps until the therapy actually helps. If it doesn't change my mind, then it didn't work. It's not like my mind was changed by going to the first session. I'd only go to see if it was possible for my mind to be changed, not because I wanted it to be changed. It's like someone who believes in evolution going to the Creationist Museum. They're not going because they want to believe in Creationism. That's a nasty therapy tactic. I'm sure she meant to say you don't really want to die, but the way she said it sounds rude. It's like she's saying "I know what you want. And if you think I don't, you wouldn't be here." Gawd. I'm sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.