Horrible Day.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Dringer, Jan 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Two threads in the past week... maybe I should have named it horrible week... anyway, I lost a friend today. Guess she wasn't really a "friend" then. We were talking, and I got too relaxed and said I've been thinking about suicide... her exact words were "if you're serious about being suicidal then don't ever talk to me again." it's so depressing. Even as I'm posting this I find myself wondering why I'm bothering with posting a thread instead of just doing it tonight. It's mostly just the fear of death.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Dringer,

Don't worry, she might come round. She obviously doesn't understand depression as she probably sees herself as one of the 'normals'. Don't take it personal hun. Maybe try explaining it to her? :arms:

3. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Thanks Lynn. I don't know how you do it but every time you reply to one of my threads I feel a little better.

4. Petal

Aww :hug:

You're an awesome person hun, I'll be sad if you leave :sad:

Stay and see how we can help :grouphug:

huggles!! Lynn xx

5. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

I just thought since I've known her since like 3rd grade she'd be more understanding.

6. Petal

Give her a little while, and if she doesn't seem to be getting used to the idea then go and have a chat with her, try and explain that you're just depressed and it's not something you can control. Hopefully she might be a little more supportive by then :hug: im sorry you feel so hurt. I hope you feel better soon hun!

7. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Yah, I hope she comes around. I'd hate to lose a friend that I've known for so long.

8. Petal

I'd hate that too :( So dont give up,

:arms: stay strong sweetie!

9. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Thanks for talking with me. I'm already starting to feel better.

10. Petal

No problem hun :)

So how has life been treating you?:smile: (other than that incident) :hug:

11. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Not too good honestly. My father only has about 2-5 years left to live. His alcohol addiction has caused his liver to begin to fail.

12. Petal

Aww, that's awful :( I'm sorry to hear that. My dad died last June, so I can relate to how you must be feeling. Do you get along well with him? :hug:

13. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Dringer, sorry to hear about the reaction of your 'friend'. Just goes to show there is still a big taboo about the subject. I think it scares most people and they simply freak. Whether that's because of the fear of their own mortality or simply the fear of the unknown varies from person to person. I've been fighting the idea of committing for a few years now and still find the only people I can really talk to about it are those friends I have met here at the forum. I've told a couple of people in the outside world but they are people who I have known for 30 years. Even then I know they find it hard to understand. How come you have been feeling this way? I find talking about it helps a great deal and that the best place to do that is here. It's familiar territory to sf members so your more likely to get a more understanding and non judgemental response. Hope you find a way to cope with all this. Stay safe.

14. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

I get along with my father very well Lynn... when he's sober. And I feel this way because I feel unwanted/unloved by all those around me Snowraven.

15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Dringer,
    I agree with Simon that you will find more ppl here that are sympathetic to your problems. If you don't want to err them out in the open here then PM some of us, we will be happy to talk to you!!Take Care!!~Joseph~

16. Petal

Well..that's good hun :)

If you died, he would be devastated,without a doubt.

When doctors say 2-5 years they don't really know how long someone will live for.

I dont want to scare you, but doctors said my dad will leave 5 years at least. He died shortly after they said that. So please enjoy the time you have left with him hun, you dont know what you have until you havent got it anymore :hug:

17. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

It's depressing.. because the 15th was the day he was going to quit drinking, and now this has to happen.

18. Petal

:( I'm sorry hun. How is he coping with the bad news? :hug:

19. Dringer

Dringer Active Member

Better than I thought he would. He's still quitting, trying very hard it at too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.