Hospital crisis team- yer experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. I was just wondering what all yer experiences are with them? If you ring them what will they do? I really need to talk to someone and I have their number but am afraid to ring. Please reply if you have ever had any contact with them.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
In my experience the samaritans are better, they listen and listen and listen, they let you let it all out, its like having a shoulder to cry on. To be honest and fair the crisis team in my area are a joke, one told me if I wanted xanax to buy it on the street, the other refuses point blank to see me cos i was having a bad day one day and cursed at her, they're totally unprofessional, also I think they're only normal nurses and are not trained to deal with crisis situations. On the other hand your area could have a great crisis team so it is worth giving them a try, don't be afraid to call, they hear it all day long. Good luck :hug:

BrinkOfExistence

I've never spoken to a crisis team over the phone however I have met them in person, I think CocaCola is right about it depending what area you are in because the crisis team that helped me were really good, very helpful and supportive, always listened and never judged. I felt comfortable around them, I felt I was able to tell them what was bothering me. They definitely stopped me from completely going off the rails.
If you do ring them and you find that it's not helping you at all you can just put the phone down.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
The thing is hun some who pick up the phone are life savers they are . Some are compassionate and caring well others are cold and not understanding but it was worth the call Like stated if you get a person that is not helpful just hang up ok ive done that but i hope you get a person with experiance and one that can give you resources to support and care hugs

thanks for all the replies guys. I rang the samaritans in the end. call went ok and got a lot off my chest. think the call was overheard by my little sister though >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00