Hospital? Meds?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by lost007, Feb 4, 2008.

1. lost007

lost007 Member

I've got a few questions. I'm just really depressed, I can be with friends and family and still be so sad all I want to do is cry as soon as I'm alone. I've seen a few counselors before and the school psychatrist, who perscribed meds for me...that I quit taking a few weeks later b/c I just hated the idea of talking to her, it was too difficult. Anyway, I'm not feeling much better...I'm up and down and some day's I'm motivated while other days I struggle just to get out of bed. It's hard to deal with it and function with my academics. I was thinking of going to the hospital, but I'm not suicidal, just depressed. I was thinking along the lines of a major "intervention" but I don't know what actually happens there....does family have to know (if your over 18) do they do a lot of counseling/medication stuff or do they just say you need to seek counseling when you leave and take these meds? Because if that's the case then I already sort of did that. I guess I'm just curious if a trip to the hospital is worth it, or would cause more damage then good. I'm thinking they would not see me anyways since I'm not suicidal. A friend or two has brought it up before about going to the hospital, but I thought they were crazy....but since I'm not appearing to be moving forward I'm starting to wonder what exactly I need to do.