Hospital ? Opinions ?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Nobodydifferent, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nobodydifferent

Nobodydifferent Well-Known Member

I've posted a lot .. Sorry .. I'm curios about people's thoughts .. Im not suicidal .. Actively .. I have suicidal ideation .: it's consuming me in ways stronger then before .. I'm at a point where I'm don't .. Content with being done not killing myself done but I've just given up .. But I have a son and can't kill myself .. So I'm not suicidal .. Even though every bone in my body aches and craves the desire to let go and wants to die ..

But if I've given up and feel like nothing can help is it worth going to the hospital ? What can they really do ? I go to a therapist . I take my meds (usually) I function for the most part i mean my sons taken care of .. I go to work most days .. But other then that .. Im in my bed .. I don't eat or sleep and I've lost 20 pounds that I couldn't afford to lose the past month but hey ..
    I was in and out of hospitals my teenage yrs .. Never as an adult .. And I'm sitting here thinking do I need that or no ?

What do they do as an adult ? Take your shoelaces and tell you smile life is fine ..

It's not fine
  2. Squidward

Squidward New Member

Did it help in the past?
  3. Things may not be fine but there are people around you that you can always try to make smile to make you smile. Especially a smile from your own son which should help you feel great. What do you think?
  4. absolom

absolom Banned Member

I have spent a lot of time in hospital because of suicide attempts. For me, it looked like a regular floor of the hospital. The nurses are all mental health nurses and you have a lot of contact with them. You see the doctor once a day except on weekends. There is a common room where you can watch tv, eat your meals, play cards. They let me have my knitting and crochet. I did really well in hospital, but within 24 hours of arriving home I was struck with all of the same thoughts and feelings.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.