hospital or not?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by swimmergirl, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

My therapist wants me to go to the hospital, I don't want to go, but I am also in so much pain I don't know what else to do besides kill myself at this point. Should I just go, even though I haven't done anything, I just think I am about to do something drastic?

2. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

Medication changes are far easier while in hospital.

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

no one wants to go really but sometimes its the best option in times of real distress.
    if you believe the pain you are suffering is a real threat to your life then i suggest to go and give it a try.
    remember you only have one life and you never know what tomorrow will bring.

give yourself some time

4. hopeless

hopeless Well-Known Member

everyone hates hospitals but if you are in that much pain then you at least need to go and get some pain medication. maybe they can find out what is causing you so much physical pain

5. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

You only get this time of existence so make sure you do what you have to do to survive so that you can one day look back and say!

-I am happy that I got to experience this moment right now, and that I saved myself that time.

If you need to go to hospital so you can get better, then Go to hospital.

I wish you the best swimmergirl.
    Take care!

6. Rachel123

Rachel123 Well-Known Member

Go to the hospital. Get the help you can!! Talk to you when you get back :hug:
    One day at a time!

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Go to the hospital. If you feel you need to then it will probably do some good. You deserve to get the help you need. :arms:

8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Why not go?
    I've been to the psych ward twice in the hospital... each time when I was feeling suicidal and not because I had acted on it. It's not bad at all :hug:

9. Buggsy2008

Buggsy2008 Well-Known Member

I think you should go, give it a try.

10. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

I agree i think you should go...

Its for your own safety...

Claire...

11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Swimmergirl,
    Yes you should go!!It is nothing to be afraid of. It's nothing like in the movies. The floor techs are good listeners and look out for you. If someone bothers you they will take care of it. The nurses are very professional. The shrinks are a little eccentrick. The therapists are really nice. The only bad thing is it's boring. You do alot of sitting around or lieing in bed waiting to see the shrink. My advice is take a good book. They have day rooms with a TV but you can't hear it because everyone is talking. I have also found that walking laps in the hall ways helps to burn off some of that extra energy. I'm sure you will see ppl doing that. It's your choice but it looks like everyone here agrees you should go...Take Care!!~Joseph~

12. Mandy1

Mandy1 Antiquities Friend & Senior Member

Hospital is a safe place where you can get the help you need,take a chance and give it a go,especially as you feel you might do something drastic.Let us no what you decide,thinking of you,stay safe.

13. Synesthetic Soul

Synesthetic Soul Well-Known Member

Hospitals are places of healing! New life! Go to the hospital so you can get better and not hurt anymore. We'll be here when you come back!

14. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I am thinking about going back just to pick up chicks! :laugh:

15. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

it can be scary the first time (i've been admitted twice) but it gets easier. both admissions were for thoughts, not actual attempts. for me, it was a safe place to rest and recover. i agree with joseph, once the crisis passes it can be a little boring. take music or a book. let yourself be cared for.

16. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

I didnt want to go to hospital when i was sectioned,and for the first two days i hated it and i felt far worse,but after i got used to the nurses and patients i felt much better and in the long run it was good for me..(i was there for 11 days) and i didnt want to go home in the end!!!

17. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Swimmergirl,
    Have you decided what you are going to do? Let us know so we can send you our positive thoughts. I have been in there ten times in the last fourteen years and have come out fairly stable. Take care!!~Joseph~

18. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

I admitted myself at 4am last Monday and got out yesterday. Can't say it really helped that much, except it did keep me alive for 5 more days. But I am back home and just as suicidal...they really should have kept me there.

19. Epical Taylz

Epical Taylz Well-Known Member

:hug:
    tell your therapist that you would like to stay there longer.
    you don't feel safe with yourself yet.

:hug:i hope you feel better.

20. annie-crafts

annie-crafts Well-Known Member

swimmergirl,

hang in there. i'm proud of you for going. did they do any med changes?

i know it's hard, i've been in the hospital so many times that i can't count, some where helpful, some not so much. keep reaching out. you have alot of support here. for reals....

do you have any support on the outside?

we care!

-annie :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.