Hospital

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whybother?, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whybother?

whybother? Well-Known Member

rite i need to know sumthing

ive wanted to kill myself for awhile now, after several failed attempts im still here today. Also im starting to have thoughts about harming others. If i was to goto the hospital and ask to be put in the mental clinic area wud they accept me? and how/where do i ask to do that?!?

2. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

You just go to a hospital and tell them that you want to be put under a voluntary hold. Then they take your shoes, your belt (so wear pants that fit), ask you some questions and put you in a room which is really, really boring. Some people treat you nicely, others are dicks. then the next morning you talk to a psychiatrist and they then tell you how they can help.

It's like the DMV really :)

Nothing too creepy.

3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

The best thng would be to go to ur local hospital,tell them ur thoughts and that u thnk u mite b a risk to urself and see where they go from there.

4. whybother?

thanks for ur reply, ive done sum research and theres no psychiatric wards near me, so much for getting help :-(

5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Every A&E department will have access to a psychiatrist, but you're probably best seeing your gp on an emergency appointment on Monday unless you are imminently going to hurt yourself or someone else. Try not to over-egg the pudding cos you don't want to give the impression that you are uncontrollable and end up bloody sectioned! (Though they probably wouldn't really want to do that so close to Christmas... they like to try and empty wards at Christmas time)

6. whybother?

my GP is fuckin aweful, i went to him wen i hadn't eaten in 4 days and not slept in 2 days, all he gave me was a fone number, im gonna avoid going to see him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.