Hotel or Tent/Caravan

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Twocky61, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Which type of holiday do you prefer?

Camping or at a hotel?

Or some other form of holiday?

I just love camping in a tent being with nature
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

hiking the hills, staying in farmhouses. Used to carry everything on our backs when hubby and I were younger, now just use day packs and get the track organisers to transport our stuff. Have just done the Cape Campbell Lighthouse track here in NZ, think you would love it!
  3. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I'd love that urPrecious -- I actually have plans to walk the Great Wall of China for charity -- & as for NZ that would be perfect too as strangely enough my home town is Christchurch Dorset uk and with NZ having a Christchurch too......... Must be fate

:hug: :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2014
  4. youRprecious!

..... except we get earthquakes @ our Christchurch Twocky..........
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I heard about that - bit like being on a roller coaster? Seriously though I bet insurance premiums are astronomical
  6. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I've never been on a holiday away from home that I really enjoyed. Traveling makes me very anxious. I like to do short day trips though. Like drive out to the mountains to ski for a few hours, then drive home.
  7. youRprecious!

Yes, they are like being on a roller coaster....... I live further North, and we've had a few Richter 6's over the past year - but all houses are made of wood not brick so they can flex - we all just accept it as part of life that might happen, like the Californians do - and yes the insurances have risen considerably. Then 2 weeks ago they had flooding because of the changes in ground levels - but then you've had that in UK too, eh?
  8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Camping can be fun...I haven't done that in years. Hotels can be nice, doesn't really matter to me, as long as I get to travel and go and see the world.
  9. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Hiking and camping, agreed with you guys! I just got a bunch of new gear and I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can go camping.

There's something about hiking out away from the roads and noise, and just hearing nature. Not paying attention to the clock. This is going to make me sound like a hippie (well I *am* from San Francisco!) but I feel so revitalized and reconnected with like, the Earth. :)
  10. unionfalls

unionfalls Well-Known Member

Camping!!!! Hiking, dragging a canoe around, back-country. So very therapeutic for me! Love to get far away and deep into the back woods to explore, see, and listen!! Think I tent camped, back country canoeing/portaging, at least five times last summer.
  11. justsomegirl

justsomegirl Well-Known Member

Is portaging when you carry the canoe in between lakes?
  12. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Yes Lauryn it is

13. BowmanJames

BowmanJames New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.