Hoth Fake chat policy!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Hoth, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoth

Hoth Active Member

After years and years of people leaving and countless heartache, I have decided to adopt a new chat rule that will benefit us all. Please note I am doing this because many people on here likes me and I feel the same way. Initially the rule was set to 5 days but I am a very open minded person so I have included an all free weekend benefit package that give the user an extra 2 days. Basically the rule entitled "no tolerance for absentee" (thanks to Honey Bun for that title) recommend that user do not leave SF chat for more than 7 days. Think of playing a time racing game like "Twisted Metal" where every-time you reach a checkpoint marker, your time is reset or else you get disable, lose, or blow up. However instead of having a few second to reach this checkpoint, user will have approximately 7 days to keep on driving and prevent any further loss of damage. I will be making a list of names and checking it twice and I'll know when someone is naughty or nice. There are quite a few exception to the rules such as family emergency, being banned, waiting in lines, etc... Also this rule does not apply to new folks or those who aren't as chatty. User who are past the 7 days mark will have a temporary time-out when they get back. However detail of the timeout is not clear at this time.

I hope this thread help clear up some confusion some of you guys might be having and hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012
  2. 41021

41021 Banned Member

Beautiful Hoth.

i love you
  3. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

"I will be making a list of names and checking it twice and I'll know when someone is naughty or nice." This made me burst out laughing because it put the santa claus is coming to town song in my head lol
  4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Lord Hoth hath spoken! :turtle:
  5. akalee_786

akalee_786 Banned Member

he's making a list and checking it twice he's gonna find out who's naughty and nice santa claus is coming to towwwwwwwwwn, He sees us when we're sleeping he knows when we're awake he knows when we been bad or good so be good for goodness sake you'd better not pout you'd better not cry you better not shout I'm telling you why... Hothanta is coming to town... No idea what the rules are but they sure made me laugh thank you!!!
  6. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

I'm confused....why do some people have to chat like that?
  7. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

what's the point of this?
    7 days is quite a short time, and a lot of members come back after a long time, when they're feeling depressed again
    why would you punish people for that?
    also, checking everyone's profiles without access to logs or anything (for which you'd need to be a staff member, maybe even an admin to do) would be virtually impossible, it'd take far too much time
  8. freshhell

freshhell Account Closed

wow, excellent thread Hothy!love n peace fresh
  9. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Just to clear up any confusion... this isn't an official post on SF policy. It has nothing to do with SF staff or how we run the site.
  10. Raven

Raven Guest

People are free to come and go as they please, if someone does not log for a time that is up to them, if anyone starts to harass people about not being on chat for a certain amount time this will not be tolerated.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

If something were to change with SF policy, a thread would be placed in this form by a staff member. Most likely an administrator or Sr. Moderator. Not made by a regular member. I apologize to any member that may have been confused by Hoth's thread.
  12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

At first, I was thinking: "What?" but then when I thought about it more, I realised that it was some sort of personal 'game' between the original poster and those who frequent the chat room the most and know each other a lot more - that is essentially correct, quiaff?
    I have no problems, so long as it is all in good fun and like Raven the Webmaster pointed out it does not get out of hand, but since I rarely visit the chat room, I wish whoever is involved good wholesome fun. Just do not go 'offering' my beloved :bubbles: as any of your prizes, or things might get quite ugly :cazza:

I guess none of us can read or interpret all that well, when it says in the title, "Hoth fake chat policy!" (I got tripped up by that mistake as well :rofl: )

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  13. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

That is because the powers that be changed the title so members would no longer be confused. You weren't tripped up at all. Magic happened =)
  14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Witches! I knew they existed!
    (please do not curse me :laugh:)
  15. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Boil, boil, toil and trouble..........
  16. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

OMG hun you are so not in reality here . You do not make the rules Hoth the administration does and your rules are not for everyone.
    As stated chat is for anyone to go into whenever they want when they need to or want to. This thread does not support members here at all hun it just confuses them
  17. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

.... you broke your own rule.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.