House Fire- FML

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by pither, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pither

pither Well-Known Member

So this is how it is. Every Christmas, no scratch that, every holiday some remarkable crazy terrible shit goes down and my family is left to pick up the pieces and try to make the best of it. EVERY holiday and even a few birthdays have been massive train wrecks. But this year God must have thought he should top it all and set our damn house on fire. He must’ve thought we had been getting it easy and that maybe standing outside in the midst of winter, watching smoke billow up from our roof was what we truly deserved. Our house is unlivable for AT LEAST 4-5 months witch means we have had to relocate to my aunt's. We have literally been shifted an hour away from our lives. Not that I had one to begin with-

Are we just doing something wrong? Why is it that this shit seems to happen to my family ALL the fucking time? Why is it that WE have to be continuously tortured? We're already poor, we settle for EVERYTHING including cars, clothing, and even food at times. My father is "disabled" and his only talent is complaining about every possible thing he can- Our water heater has exploded twice in the past three years completely flooding our basement- we've had more car trouble than you could honestly believe. Broken bones, family deaths, health problems left and right, huge family arguments, you fucking name it we've gone though it. Every damn turn we take is in the direction of disaster. Isnt there somebody out there who just might be better equipt to handle the shit that we get landed with? Isn't there somebody out there who deserves this shit more than us? I mean for fuck sake there is only so mcuh a family can take before they just emplode- To what higher powers be, give us a fucking break already!!!!!
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well, if I could've had my house burn down instead I would have.
  3. Disappear

Disappear Well-Known Member

You see that's the problem with this world...good people suffer, & bad people get it good. It's all so unfair and f*cked up. I'm so sorry you're being punished so badly :(
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Emi. That is a lot to have happened in a short space of time :( Have your family grown stronger together despite everything? I do believe in the saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :) I hope you can manage to have a decent christmas with your aunt. Always here if you need a chat!
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i am so sorry your going through this emi, i cant say anything to fix it but i am here if you need to vent
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.