Housing

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by whynot, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whynot

whynot Active Member

Once again my housing stability has become threatened (I've never lived in one US state longer than 3 years let alone have any place to call home) so now I've got to find a new place to live, find a way to move several large items including free weights, a large desk, PC furniture etc. Things I doubt would fit into a small apartment.

I can only afford like $500 a month tops including utilities and everything. I'm not sure what sort of apartment I can get for this small amount and dread thinking of what hell it will be after living in a large house the past couple of years. I know the cheaper sort of income areas you have, the less self control your neighbors will exhibit and basic accommodations like internet, telephone etc are often in poor conditions since the companies don't want to bother fixing them, because it costs them too much to repair in scummy areas. I don't even have a car anymore.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Do you know anyone who you could share with?
    That way you could have a bigger place/better area with rent and bills shared.

3. whynot

whynot Active Member

I don't know anyone. My life has been so unstable that every friend I've had has been short lived and temporary. I wasn't even able to graduate highschool because my father and step mother kicked me out when I was 17. I don't know anyone who would realistically want to share a house with me either since I work from home, don't make that much money, don't have a car etc.

4. Terry

Have u got enough money to rent a bigger place and then advertise for a sharer?

5. Terry

Oh and Welcome to the forum :biggrin:

6. whynot

whynot Active Member

I have like only $1000 saved and $500 credit

7. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Hun, try to get some help with some social services in the US, Ive been able to do so on an invalid working visa (since i had lost my job due to my mental illness) and i could see a free shrink. Im sure they are going to be cooperative after youve explained them ur situation. Dont give up, perhaps you want to look in the newspaper for some ppl that are looking for others to share places with? Good luck :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.