Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZERO2008

MY PARENTS THREATNED TO KICK ME OUT I DO WANT A PLACE OF MY OWN, BUT HOW CAN AFFORD IT WITH EVERYTHING GOING UP IN PRICE. ive looked on council sites there so much i have to do and it wud be harder if i had a job and mortgage to pay which i dnt i mean how am i supposed to move up the list when people know how to play the councils just by coming into this country or just having kids i just know im gonna end up on the street so i might aswell be dead cos i will be on the street all i get is incapacity benefit which is like less than £200 every 2 weeks wtf am i supposed to do or is private renting a better option is it cheaper or not i have 38 points on my council register which is for where i live 34 for anywhere outside where i live and its around 45 points i need

its to hard i dunno what to do nomore i mean how can i pay bills buy food etc with just incapacity benefit

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've been very close to homelessness lately. It IS difficult with prices going up and everything. Finally I just said, ok, if I'm going to be homeless for a while, I'm going to be homeless. There are always shelters and whatnot. And it's only temporary. Don't let this be the end. I pray that you won't end up without a home, but don't make it the end if you do. You will bounce back, and life can still be worth living!
Good luck

~Claire

I know with some councils they will pay your rent to a private let.

I think it applies to people on benefits who are on the list for a council house but haven't yet got one & they have nowhere else to go.

Each area is different but I think they usually pay about £450 a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00