Houston, we have lift off!

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Dec 20, 2009.

If you could/can afford it, would/will you go into space?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
  2. No

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

"Sir Richard’s firm, Virgin Galactic, is selling rides in this suborbital ship for $200,000m [£125k] each. The flights last a total of just two-and-a-half hours, will include a mere five minutes of weightlessness, and won’t commence until 2011 at the earliest. However the company claims to have already signed-up a 300 customers (people it describes as “future astronauts”) who have happily shelled-out a combined $42m [£26.25m] in deposits."

Only 5 minutes weightlessness? They should extend it to make sure you get at least 45 minutes weightlessness and jack up the price to make up for the losses.

Either way, this is fucking brilliant, it wasn't that long ago when man first entered space, and now its going to be available to the public. :massbounce:
  2. Mikeintx

Mikeintx Well-Known Member

3. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Oh yes, my greatest wish lol
  4. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Yeah, one of mine too, now all I have to do is become a millionaire :laugh: ..I can dream at least..
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

It'll be nice for people to be able to appreciate the planet they're destroying. As for myself, well a walk in the woods is good enough for that.
  6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I would be out my allowance for almost two weeks!
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

"Only" 5 minutes weightlessness? What's the longest you've been weightless before? 2 seconds, thereabout? Edit: ...unless sex is a possibility. In that case extra time would be nice.

I'd do it if I had the cash, for sure... Maybe if I live long enough to get a house and such and then decide to off myself, mortgage it and go first! Don't even need to be able to afford it, then. :D
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2009
  8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

5 minutes would go by fast, but I think it would be enough, if all you're gonna do is do a few flips and bounce off the walls. 10 minutes sounds a lot better though. 45 would get tedious. I would go up, but I'd wait until they had perfected the system and the price had gone down some. And of course, if I had that much money to play with.
  9. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Obviously I haven't, but 5 minutes isn't much at all really, is it?
  10. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I don't think I'd find it that tedious, after all, I'd be in space :D but it should definately be longer than 5 minutes.
  11. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Richard Branson seems to be one of few people who are forcing advancment.
    sure it is expensive and you get very little as it stands but WOW,How amazing, they chance to go into outerspace. The chance to be one of the very first to do it.
    eventually itll be like all toys, there will be cheeper 'japanese' versions available which offer more than the original and so on,,,,,, and our exploration of the unknown will begin there, with future commerce wars from businesses trying to profit!
  12. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

could be the next concorde
  13. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

What do you mean?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.