How 2 Fix Social Security So Old People Won't Have 2 Kill Themselves

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Righteous, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Well-Known Member

So watching CNN a few minutes ago and they are reporting on what needs 2 happen 4 social security 2 be fixed 4 the future. I couldn't help but notice 1 of the government's ideas, increase payroll taxes. Now Obama's plan was for us to have less taxes taken out of our checks which I have noticed recently. Now some nutcase is trying 2 take that away. Well here is my simple solution 2 fix Social Security:

1) Stop spending billions of dollars on a war.

2) Tax the gas companies like Exxon, Shell, BP, etc. They've stolen so much money from us over the years at the pump so its their turn to give some money back.

3) (My favorite idea) Legalize marijuana. More legal marijuana businesses means more taxes for the government.

4) (The most common sense idea) Print more money. Yes, I know u can't print too much money because that would cause an unbalance, but the government knows that they can print more money. How do u think credit card companies get money for their business. Also they printed(yes, they printed) the money for these billion dollar bailouts, so surely they can print out some money for the old people.

Bottom Line: Don't raise our taxes, especially during a recession. I would hate 2 have 2 kill myself when I get old in order 2 prevent suffering due 2 a lack of money
  2. ryanglander

ryanglander Well-Known Member

When taxes are placed on someone that doesn't actually mean they bear the burden of the tax, what I mean is if we increase taxes for the big oil companies they will just respond by raising oil prices, so we will actually be paying the tax.

Printing more money reduces unemployment for the short-term which helps stimulate the economy, however we then get long-term inflation, and that devalues our savings.

Legalizing maurajuana would be an effective way to increase the governments revenue. But what politician is going to advocate this?

It's true, if we end the war we wouldn't have such a great federal deficit. We can only hope the war will end soon.

I love economics, just finished a semester of Micro Economics. School is the only thing that will stop me from committing suicide.

Good night.
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Hey Righteous; I always love reading your threads because you usally have creative and interesting things to say;

Well I think they have started to print more money already..

There is a huge amount of wasted money given in many different areas such as 'war' that they can easily cut back on Also giving huge sums of money to third world dictators to fund their regimes can defiantly go and those big name companies can certainly be taxed far more, I'd like to see a reintroduction on those taxes of the rich that bush scrapped.
  4. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

LEGALIZE MARIJUANA! YES! This is common sense to me and its sooooo infuriating to see Obama play this down. I remember he was asked questions from the internet and the number 1 question was "Would you legalize marijuana and tax it?" And he played it down saying "One of the top questions..." and then laughed and said "no". (i may be nit picking but STILL)

I'm not trying to rag on Obama but it just seems like common sense. Unfortunately i know where hes coming from on a political standpoint. There are still a lot of people out there that dont understand the deal with the war on drugs and prohibition.

One example is the ceasing of funding for the needle exchange program in an effort to "stop heroin abuse". Of course this didnt work and they quickly saw a rise in approximately 10 cases of HIV a day as a result of needle sharing.

That i find to be an good article. The huffington post is almost as far left as you can go and can be biased like any far leaning media source...but i still think that article is truthful.

Plus i believe marijuana cures or slows the spread of cancer (at least some kinds). Theres quite a bit of evidence out there supporting this.

Its ironic...marijuana is a schedule 1 controlled substance (up there with heroin) but it seems the government has more control over the distribution of alcohol which is legal at the age of 21.
  5. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

the dollar is already worth crap, printing more money wont help

but yea we should increase taxes on the oil companies now that the bush family mafia is out we can start taking care of things

the bush family mafia spent 8 years pillaging and raping this land and shoving all the money into the bank accounts of their wealthy friends, how I hate them so fucking much
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I read in high times that the government has the best marijuana.. So why not legalize it and have government run facilities to sell it.. That would be pure profit that they could use to stamp out the dangerous drugs like crack, heroin, acid,PCP, and etc. etc. etc. It's a proven fact that pot is a good drug for those suffering in pain like cancer, HIV, migraine headaches, Etc. Etc. Etc. I am to old to be going to jail for something so miniscual as having a couple of joints on your person.. What a crock!!!
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Many of the above ideas were good, legalizing drugs, stop the war, etc...But I don't think it will cover it.

Bottom Line: The government 'ponies up' and figures out how to pay off the debt later. They're not going to be throwing anybody out on the streets any time soon, or else it's "V" FOR VENDETTA, time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.