How About This For An After Effect!!!

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I was at my AA meeting last night and I know we are not supposed to talk about what was said, but this one was too important to leave at the tables.

One of the guys up there had a friend that attempted last week. He will now spend the rest of his life in a nursing home.

Not worth it my friends.

I have said it before and I will continue to say it; Instead of spending your time and effort and money trying to end it, why not spend that time and effort and money trying to live?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Yeh ive seen the after results and they are not pretty. The people i babysat for when i was much younger the husband shot self in head just ended up blinding him for life. nice eh living wife and two beautiful little girls in horror.
  3. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

Everything seems easy from an outside perspective. Can't judge or criticize till you lived the life.
  4. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I don't agree with what you've done, forpetessake. You broke an oath of confidence. You should feel ashamed.
  5. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

After effects can be very nasty and ironic.

No names named and for a good cause. Would you feel the same way if the words AA meeting were replaced with work place and table with canteen at lunch??

Stop being so condescending.
  6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

what did the person do to make them end up in a nursing home? Just so nobody here does the same thing.
  7. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Bill simply said this to deter people, and it's going to help at least one person. No one was named, so no one has been shamed, and as all ready said, it's for a good cause. Whatever was attempted was still suicide, which is why they've been put into a nursing home. If you try, that's where you're going to end up. Why do that to yourself when you can actually do something for yourself and work at getting better? You can get the help you need, if you're willing to put the effort in yourself.
  8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I don't give a damn. I didnt break any oath that I am aware of. Besides I will do whatever it takes to even save one life. You guys are all worth it.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

How do you know I havent.

I prolly have more attempts than most of you people here.

And anyone who knows here can testify to that.
  10. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I don't find this helpful. We are not here to be lectured, but to be supported (hence the title "support forum". Suicidal people don't need to have vague threats of the bad things that can happen from suicide attempts... we are all aware of them, and the effects on those left behind. This forum is here to try and offer support through the most difficult times of people's lives and not offer judgement at a time when they feel already feel desperate enough.
  11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sometimes though, people who are suicidal AREN'T always aware of the consequences, and being reminded of that isn't always a bad thing. It's a very real part of suicide attempts, and it happens a lot more often than most people realize.

Nobody is trying to lecture anyone here, or make people feel worse. But I do think it's something that's worth mentioning, because there are probably people out there who wish now that they would have thought about the consequences before they acted.
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I have heard that concept before and know of some people it helped with their decision making. Anything that makes you stop and think is worth exploring. Before informed decisions can be made, one must have all the facts. this includes viewpoints from all different sides. Thank you for caring enough to try and place at least a little doubt in the back of people's minds. :hug:
  13. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

I wasnt trying to stir the pot. I just thought it would be helpful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.