How am i meant to feel

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lancashirelass, Aug 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lancashirelass

lancashirelass Well-Known Member

Ok so crisis team rang me and i told them how i was feeling and what i was thinking and i got told i was low risk even though my thoughts are worse than they have ever been. I was told that because of that i have to ring them if i feel worse or i think i am going to do something imminently how do they think that made me feel. I will tell you it immediately made me feel worse and that i'm not worthy of their help. So now i feel extremely suicidal desperatly trying to stay safe, but not sure if i can.
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Hugs to you. :hug:

Wish they'd take you more seriously... =[
  3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

I don't have any experience with crisis teams, but from what I've heard on this site, a lot of people have bad experiences. Like what happened to you, they aren't taken seriously.

I don't really have any advice, other than that this isn't an unusual thing.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I would ring them back and tell them that they have pushed you over the edge, So why keep trying..
  5. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

From what I know, they're trained to assess whether someone is at imminent risk of suicide. This usually involves determining whether someone has a specific plan and the means for carrying out the act. The more specific the plan, and the more lethal and accessible the means, the more concerned they get. That said, they shouldn't refuse to talk to you just because you're not immediately suicidal. Please take care of yourself, and if you feel unsafe, call again and explain your situation. Tell them that you strongly feel you need help. If they continue not to take you seriously, call another helpline. You are more than worthy of help, and I applaud you for calling before things got even worse. That shows strength and determination. If anything, they should be willing to help you more!

Please stay safe :hug:
  6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

almost the same thing happened to me but i'm in a different country!
    I was sent home in the same suicidal state that I went into crisis team with..
    they said I should've rang them straight back or fronted up at the ER and told them I was worse..
    don't give up have to fight for your life because you are worth fighting for..
    ring them back and stay safe..*hug*
  7. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Oh I'm sorry to hear the Crisis Team weren't helpful and didn't take you seriously. I understand that they need to assess situations and take action where necessary but I don't really see the need for them to tell you you're a low risk.. that sounds very much like not taking your current feelings seriously, like others are more important perhaps? It's understandable that you're feeling even more unsafe now and I do hope that you're able to keep yourself safe.. is there anyone you could contact or maybe a helpline like the samaritans? Jenny x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.