How am I supposed to stop??

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Witty_Sarcasm, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

How can I stop drinking when I live with an alcoholic, and when so many people that I know drink? Yes, I've tried to make them stop, and you can't force anyone into treatment. So no matter how much I beg and plead, they'll never get it. I've been drinking just about every day lately, and not too much strong liquor, and not even that many drinks. But it doesn't take a whole lot to get me drunk. I end up smoking too, these little cigars, maybe not more than 2 or so per drinking session, but I know that's bad for me too. If someone asks if I want a drink, of course I'll say yes! It's like asking a kid if they want to eat a box of chocolates. Maybe they'll get a stomach ache and get sick, but they'll keep doing it if they like it. Besides, it seems to be my method for stress control, since my emotions seem to be too extreme, even for me. I've been told I'm too emotional, so drinking is a good way to suppress my emotions. So, how am I expected to quit when I'm literally surrounded by alcohol? And how will I get support when no one else who needs the help will get better? It would be hard to heal when someone else is still sick. It's like a deer staying by a friend who got shot, they don't want the friend to suffer, but they have to save their own lives. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I guess I'm just thinking out loud/ranting, and maybe someone could give advice, or has been through a similar situation, and gotten through it.

2. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

Last time i drank alcohol i ended up crying, vomiting, drinking more, going to the hospital, saying i wanted to die, then vomiting again and passing out there. But i was stupid because people can't die from drinking a big mixture of drinks.
    Had a terrible night and a new beggining to my useless and lonely life the morning after.
    Maybe you need to have a really bad experience too, to make you stop drinking alcohol. I hope you don't get to that.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't know...I think I do need to stop for a while. Had internal pain and I just don't want it to get worse. So hopefully I won't want to drink again for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.