How Are You Coping With Covid19 Risk?

laup

SF Supporter
I'm really anxious about this coronavirus, and I'm wondering how others are coping, and what they're thinking. I'm wondering (probably stupidly) how this is impacting other's mental health. Maybe we could offer each other support related to this?? Or maybe I'm the only nutjob freaking out. I'm in Alberta, Canada. The current recommendations here are social isolation, and of course, the usual hygiene practices. I spoke to someone at one of our local mental health lines, and apparently the official recommendation for everyone is complete social isolation. Not leaving your home unless it's an emergency. Not even going for short walks. They were somewhat upset by the fact that I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow, provided the appointment does not get cancelled. I told them at the very least, I probably need a new prescription. Anyway, just thought I'd put this topic out there. Hope it's okay that I'm posting this.
I think you need to go to forums for a update on this m8 *thumbsup

Baywasp

I know the world turns and it will turn on me
SF Supporter
I'm getting more and more scared about the situation and how things will turn out for everyone during/after, and it kinda makes me wanna just kill myself so I don't have to deal with any of it anymore.

laup

SF Supporter
Well do not do anything rash, isolate and keep updated everyone needs to fight this. Just one isolated idea could solve this, daft as it sounds...Light ere discovered this way, penicillin, etc.
Stay within guidelines.

I'm very scared. I've been sick with something for almost 3 weeks. There's no fever, no cough. I keep telling myself it's nothing but every day makes me more and more scared. I only look at the news 1 or 2 times a day, but when I do, it's horrible. The daily crying has given way to panic attacks. I'm lucky enough to be getting a food delivery tomorrow but even thinking about opening my front door is now scaring me.

I feel everything closing in on me, then panic brings on the horrible feelings of falling, tumbling endlessly with no relief. I used to counter my health anxiety with telling myself that I was safe, but nothing is safe anymore.

I play video games but they do nothing to stop my mind going into overdrive. The meditations that I normally swear by do nothing to help. My cat helps me feel less alone but I even start worrying she's going to make me sick. I found her in my bath earlier with a mouse.. she doesn't even go outside!

It feels like a nightmare that I can't wake up from. Every day it gets harder. I was hoping eventually I'd be able to feel resigned to the situation and get on with it but I haven't managed to find any moments of calm inside the chaos. Externally I try to not let it bubble over, but inside I'm screaming from the moment I wake up. My sleep has gone haywire again. It's 5am and I'm wide awake.

I'm sorry for the self indulgent rambling but I need to let it out. I need to tell someone, anyone, how terribly terribly afraid I am. For me, and for the people I care about. I don't know how to be ok with this. I don't think I can.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00