How are you positioned at the computer right now?

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by MistyMaisy, Dec 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

I was wondering about how everybody sits at the computer, like whether they have a chair, their bed, sitting on bed, kneeling with computer on bed(painful after a while XD but I do sometimes), or laying down..
    I usually lay down but right now I'm sitting with my back up the end of my bed. :D

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Reclined on my bed against some pillows against the wall. I've been lying down for 18 months now due to a spinal injury. But soon, maybe not! I have effective painkillers at long last, and I'm slowly working my way up to the maximum dose (taking 4 weeks).

I won't be computing upright until January at least, though, since I don't have any furniture where I live because I'd be unable to use it!

3. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

On my phone most of times. Its a balckberry curve
    So I use it everywhere. :U

4. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I just sit up in my chair at the computer since its a desktop one. You've been to my house before so you know how it is Ana XD.
    I either lay back in my chair or sometimes lean forwards away from it, which makes my back hurt.

5. MistyMaisy

@ aoeu: Ah D: I hope you're better soon. 3: But that's how I usually sit. XD
    @ Foreverforgotten: I wish I still had my phone. :/ Most likely use it on the bus if I still did though. XD;
    Yep, Mira. o: I'd most likely lean forward, even if it did hurt. XD Or move it... I like moving things. XP

6. Joshuwa

Joshuwa Well-Known Member

laying on my bed with my laptop

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

When I'm not using my desktop computer-- I'm sitting on my bedroom floor or on my bed; hunched over.
    Also- when I sit; even if it's on a chair or a stool- I pretty much always have my legs crossed.

gahhhhhhhhhh... my posture is horrible. haha :bubble:

8. Debased

Debased Member

awkwardly in bed! Usually im chillin on the sofa with my laptop.

9. MistyMaisy

XD It seems like bed's quite popular.. And the chair. I don't like sitting in a chair at the computer. >.< Bed's way more comfortable. <3
    @ KittyGirl: I always sit on one of my leg's in school. It looks quite weird as many people don't. XD
    I'd be laying in my bed if it didn't have my whole floor's clutter on it. My mom made me clean my room. D;

10. KittyGirl

Aw~ my room is always pretty tidy. Up until I moved away for college, I'd have stuff on my bedroom floor but I guess I grew out of my messier habits and prefer to keep things clean now.

All through school, I'd sit with my legs crossed so that neither of my feet were on the floor-- I don't know why... and you're right- it DOES look really weird XD
    People would always ask me why I sit like that, and I'm not really sure. It's just habit.

11. LogDork

LogDork Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Lying on my front with a pillow under my torso

13. MistyMaisy

@ KittyGirl: XD No one's asked me o.o I think it's a habit, too, cause now I'm sitting on a chair and one leg's on the other one. XD.. So one's on the floor... Confusing. XD

14. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

For a few minutes I'll sometimes sit on my leg. I hate my chair though. Its old so it pops and squeaks no matter how light someone is. I gotta buy me a new one. lol it would be cool if I sat at the computer like L from Death Note. I have a friend who actually does cause of back problems.

See.

15. MistyMaisy

I like lying on my front, especially when I'm about to sleep. <3
    Mir, I sit like that sometimes. XD Mainly when I'm eating though. It's comfortable.. <3 Except my back's against the chair but legs are the same. XD;

16. KittyGirl

haah-- *most* of the time I sit with my legs crossed but the rest of the time it's like 'L' does... because I don't like my feet touching the floor.
    It's not really that cool...although I'll admit that it's the more comfortable option when I'm sitting on a hard chair, rather than crushing my boney ankles XD
    And anyone who knows what DeathNote is- assumes that I'm copying him for some unknown moe factor or something. :shelbi:

17. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

fag hanging out my mouth and sort of looking like this :blink:
    at my desk looking at the mess on it

18. phoenix44

phoenix44 Well-Known Member

I'm sitting on the couch. The computer is half on my lap, half on the arm rest of the couch so it's tilted diagonally.

19. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

interesting thread. at the moment my feet are propped up on a windowsill and im sitting on a beanbag but leaning against my bed, if that makes sense. normally i sit on my bed/at my desk.

20. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

lol xD i cant imagine people in real life actually doing that.
    sounds painful. id get a leg cramp

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.