how bad of a way to go out is ODing

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chernarus, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

Im not asking for in depth details just tell me how bad or clean is it?
  2. Undone

Undone Active Member

Please understand that you are much more likely to severly harm one or more of your major organs by over dosing than you are to die. Successful suicide attempts by overdose are rare, plain & simple- your body is made to expel toxins.

As for the pain factor, I cannot attest to that, I've never actually tried. But I assume you've been sick before, ate something that didn't agree with you. Imagine that, times 100.
  3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

It's bad! It is very hit and miss. You have more chance of surviving and being seriously ill afterward with damaged organs etc (depending on what you take), and even if you aren't you feel absolutely physically dreadful for ages afterward. Also, you don't just nicely go to sleep and die peacefully... it is a horrible and wretched way to go. Trust me... I've tried it!
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I tried to o.d. and woke up the next day. I was sick and my hands,ancles and feet were all swollen. So I know when I do it this time I will do it right. I don't know what else I can say with out getting in trouble.
    You are on the right track to educate your self. Who knows you might become turned around and see things in a different realm. I don't know I am not in my right mind. I can't concentrate on what I am doing.
  5. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

Here's the worst case scenario. You black out, wake up with a terrible hang over, realize that you don't want to die yet and want to give life a second chance. You go to bed the next night, feeling even sicker and in more physical pain than the night you took the original OD. And then you don't wake up.

Essentially what happens with alot of deadly ODs is that it takes a long time to kill you...and the fatal damage is done when the suicidal feelings have passed. And it's not a pleasant experience.

Sorry to be so blunt...but when I OD'd a year ago I looked up what the pills would do to me because I wanted to know how I would die. And that blunt description of what would likely happen blew my mind for whatever reason, and I immediately started freaking out to a friend of mine about what I did, who called the paramedics and got me to a hospital. A year later I've begun to was actually the first time in ages that I've been happy from sun rise to sun set. Things improved...and the choice to end my life was the wrong one and I thank god I got scared and backed out.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is...

1) The old adage is true that if you hold on a bit longer these feelings will eventually pass and things will improve.

2) ODing is probably the most hit or miss and dangerous way to attempt. It seems like an attractive option, take a magic pill and fall asleep forever. But the truth is far less romantic. You're far more likely to either survive with permanent damage to your organs or pass away very slowly and painfully. The only types of drugs out there that can achieve the popular "painless death" stereotype that ODs have are drugs that are purposely made to kill people. I'm not even sure in what context they exist now. I don't even think intelligence agents are given them anymore. They're illegal and you're never going to find them. Every other toxin your body is capable of repelling, and you're far more likely to hurt yourself than kill yourself.

In essence, it's bad. Very bad.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  6. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

ive already tried ODing on regular houshold XXXXX just say every houshold has it and all it did to me was it screwedup my kidneys and it took six months to heal and it just made me sick for three months and i took over XXXX mg and it was actually quit peacefull i felt extreamly tired and i went to sleep but i did not do enough
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2008
  7. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

I echo the comments everyone else has made. Been there, don't want to go back.

It is generally hit or miss, but there are assuredly meds, combinations of meds, meds with alcohol that will kill. I suppose success is more the exception than the rule. Every time you read statistics it mentions that a higher percentage of men die at first attempt than do women. That's because men tend to use guns and other deadly weapons, while women are more likely to OD, and it's not usually a lethal amount.
  8. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on what you take.

I wouldn't recommend it though, I have done it a few times now. The last time I really thought I was going to die, I felt so ill. I went to bed thinking I wouldn't wake up & I did. Saying that when I did wake up I felt pretty much fine but what I went through during the night I would not wish on anyone.

9. Rachael41

Rachael41 Well-Known Member

Im really just sayin the same as others...

I overdosed, adn i experienced what some1 else said..^^ my wrists/ankles swelled up..

And i ended up puking up for ages and it wouldnt stop, every time i felt i was fine, i started being sick again......

Its not really a good thing. wouldnt recommend it :(
  10. xXWhateverItTakesXx

xXWhateverItTakesXx Forum Buddy

It's very horrible if it fails. You feel really really awful and you want to be sick all the time. It's not in anyway pleasant :sad:

Hope you decide to stick around :hug:
  11. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hey hun,

How are you feeling today?

12. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I woke up in a hospital strapped to a bed with a hose in my throat.... and a cafater.

If you know what a cafater is then you wont want to wake up with one inside you.
  13. GaiaMischief

GaiaMischief Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm also hoping Chern is still with us :unsure:

Please let us know you're ok.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.