How bad?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by BlackPegasus, Feb 27, 2008.

1. BlackPegasus

BlackPegasus Well-Known Member

What sort of things would you accept in a partner in regards to a checkered past? How bad would it be before you couldn't accept them?
  2. ColdSummer

ColdSummer Well-Known Member

Any evidence of abuse (them as the abuser of course) or unfaithfulness, drug use and other things I am sure but cant think of right now.
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I would accept them as they are. They could have been , not are, druggies, suicidal, alcoholics, cutters, etc. Although I think I could deal with the cutters and alcoholics, but anything else noooo.

However, I don't think I could date anyone with a history of being abusing, anyone with a history of cheating, or anyone without a job, to be honest. :laugh:
  4. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I wouldn't take any kind of abuse.
  5. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

im not sure to be honest, i believe every one deserves a second chance but if they ever tried to harm me in any way, they'd be gone before they could say my name
  6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Anything except for the extremely immoral (murder, rape, etc.)
  7. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

Current drug users, Abusers(past or present), users, a person who wants to have their own kids, the jealous type, a cheater, or a lier. I also don't know that I could be with an alcoholic thayt wasn't willing to do treatment. An alcoholic are ALWAYS going to be alcoholic, whether they drink jack daniels all day or stopped drinking 4 years ago. I believe in some second chances, and am very open to accept someone without a clean past. However the past says a lot about a person..whether they like it or not.
  8. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

I suppose the main thing is how they (if we are talking about men) treat women. That doesn't mean they have to love all women but just basic respect- it doesn't mean you have to love your mother either.
  9. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I wouldn't be with anyone that has been abusive or is abusive. (all types of abuse) - I wouldn't be with anyone that often does drugs - NEVER be with anyone on hard drugs, even if not often. I wouldn't be with anyone who had a long history in and out of prisons. I wouldn't be with the really jealous type, I wouldn't be with someone controling, cheaters, liars, shady, animal cruelty... eh... *sigh*
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008