How can I become emotionally dead?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Walter Kovacs, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter Kovacs

Walter Kovacs Member

Emotions are a burden, by becoming emotionally dead, I wouldn't worry about being isolated and being a waste of life. I want to be completely devoid of emotion, so that I don't have to care about nobody being there for me or for my funeral. Tired of existing.
  2. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

You're desire is something I can relate to. I wish for this too sometimes, to rid myself of pestering hysterical feelings.
  3. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I understand you, it's something I've wished for too. But truth is, it's a lot better, with the help of a therapist or counselor to learn how to regulate and understand your emotions. I know it's hard work, but in the long run that is the better approach.
  4. StellaAnne

StellaAnne Active Member

I understand, I wanted that and got it by taking high dose of antidepressants couldn't feel any emotions, but now I'm finally off them I am having to deal with feeling emotions again and stuff previously I couldn't deal with like my fathers death a year ago, I really wish I had stayed in therapy and dealt with things cause it all catches up at once, that's why I'm here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.